Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford BA GT

the turbo six is going in because the front axle doesnt fit with the v8. theres no big deal about the t6, holden claims just less power and more torque

Sorry, you know what im like about things like that.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yeah u and me had a similar convo about the irs under the commo wagon and in the new 4x4'a coming out etc

I like the territory more, but the R7 concept was the best. Those wheels and the lights made it look absolutely stunning for a 4wd. The adventura just looks like a big commodore, and i think that will be its downfall.

in holdens defence, ford did spend twice as mcuh as ford did, maybe holden r gunna set it more apart from the commo when the VE commo comes

Despite my predjudice I like the Commodore version better. The Territory looks a little bland. Especially when the BA design has so much going for it. Ford have gone out on a limb with this because by launching it as a completely new design , as well as dropping it in the current sea of these things means it better be really good at whatever the hell it is supposed to do. I still dont get the point of these type of things. If they are so wonderful how did we possibly get by without them 5 years ago? Wheels took a 200k Porsche up to the Flinders Ranges and ripped bits off. They cant do anything as good as a dedicated sedan or 4WD. I would like to hear from someone who has purchased a "soft roader" and find out their reasoning behind their decision.

Yeah some one finally agreed with me. thanks crisis

r u sure crisis u dont like the adventra over the territory cause the adventra's gunna have a leaf sprung rear end and the territorys got a control blade irs rear end?

The Adventra will not have leaf springs. And I prefer coils anyway. I wouldnt have either but I thinks the Holden looks better. Thats purely subjective.

i read somewhere theyre gunna use a live rear axle and leaf springs for better wheel travel and load capacity

these vehicals are perfectly parctical for their intended markets they are for the familys that have 1 kid and view it nesicery to own a car that can seat 7 and only gets 15l/100km in the ford design brief they are buuilding a car that is more of a road going vehical not an off roader and with holdens track record of doing things that aventura thing will probably have more problems then a lada

i was actually surprised to hear the territory had a completely different chassis to the falcon, unlike the adventra/commodore

Leaf springs generally have less wheel travel than coils. If its the same chassis as a Commodore it would be way too expensive to change to Leaf. Leaf springs give a harsher ride and these type of cars are intended as soft roaders.
    Falcon 500, If you want something to drive on the road that fits seven people, buy a Tarago or similar. And Im not sure what your perception of Holdens track record is, although Falcon 500 gives me a hint, but if Holden gets the same result they have with Commodores, Statesmans and Monaros, they will sell heaps and export them. Cant see a problem with that really.

i dunno if uve realised yet or not crisis, but people are buying cars like the territory and adventra to fit 7 people rather than tarago's cause no-one wants to be seen in a tarago. if it was that simple to just buy a car only designed to seat 7 people, cars like the terrotory and adventra wouldnt be getting developed by large car companies

my preception on holdens track record is the fact that that 10% of gen 3s have been replaced and that a further 5% have been rebuilt and the fact that there is a forecast of a further 10% being future problems and the fact that their exported holdens mainly the ones that went to saudi arabia kept breaking down the fact that they are using suspension that was canned by opel 22 years ago and also the fact that their suspension also lets water and and is alredy getting people having to replace them because of rust and the fact that the commadore is according to statistics one of the most liely cars to break down on our roads
    and also living next to a school you see the people who are likly to by an aventura or territory their called mothers on a mission and they buy vehicals that really impractical i acutaly cant see why the dont get a station wagon if they want to seat a lot of people it was just an observation
    and you were spot on in that last comment fpv_gtho they wouldent be building them if they wernt needed

Thread Information