Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: v8 supercars

v8 supercars

what do people think of the threat to Holden with the possible expulsion of hrt from the series? i personally think its gunna happen, cause earlier in the year, after holden bought TWR Australia, they told TEGA that they'd need about a year to find a new buyer for TWR Australia. TEGA last week gave Holden a little over 6 weeks, until 1st July to be exact, to sell TWR Australia or HRT will be kicked out. 1 year down to 6 weeks, no thats gotta hurt. with the possible 2 year suspension of Team Brock and K-Mart Racing on top of that, i think we'll be seeing a repeat of '77 at Bathurst this year. I know Lowndes and Seton can win it, but Besnard hasn't proven himself to me yet. Round 3 this weekend could be HRT's last, and by the time Team Brock and K-Mart Racing get back on track, there could be a handful of magnas chasing the title. Who else reckons Mitsubishi should stick to rallying?

i reckon they should stick to rallying.........

I dont think that HRT will get kicked out because the crowds that HRT bring in would be almost half the crowd population and if they kicked out HRT there would be hardly any money flowing in the V8 supercars and they could shut it down. Magnas should stick to rallying.

Originally posted by steven flanagan
    I dont think that HRT will get kicked out because the crowds that HRT bring in would be almost half the crowd population and if they kicked out HRT there would be hardly any money flowing in the V8 supercars and they could shut it down. Magnas should stick to rallying.
    They bring in the crowds, so they are allowed to BREAK the rules? I don't think so.

thats a point well made

Holden have not broken any rules as they do not own HRT. Walkinshaw, like many business people has his interestsspread and HRT is currently insulated from his business woes at this moment within the control of a company he owns that is not part of the one he is having trouble with. That said it is rumoured that a group of business people and Mark Skaife are poised to buy into HRT should TW get into strife. Im sure there would be a number of people who would be only too happy to buy into Supercars most succesful team. Dream on Ford boys if you think youve seen the last of HRT. Besides it might become boring for you if you dont have the evil empire to focus your wrath on. As far as Mitsubishi getting involved, get a rear wheel drive V8 and bring it on. It may even convince them to build a decent rwd Magna. The Japs can do pretty handy V8s too like the Lexus V8. How about a rwd Lexus V8 Avalon.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

what the hell ru smokin crisis, its all over the bloody media that holden bought hrt

Im smokin rolled up copies of Motor magazine. After I read it of course. Read the article in the latest issue. Also Street Commodores has an artilce this month. Holden dont own HSV either. They own the rights to the names only.

holden has never owned hsv so whats ur point crisis?

follow the thread

My point was in my original reply to Barra where I responded that contrary to his accusation that Holden could break the AVESCO rules and own HRT, they did not . As you rightly point out Holden never owned HSV just as they never owned HRT.

when r u gunna realise crisis that holden have owned hrt since about february this year. about 6 weeks ago they were told by tega to sell hrt by june 1st or they cant race anymore.

Re Holden owning HRT

FPV GTHO, quote you sources. All I have read in motoring magazines refutes your claim.

u want sources? how about the source that would have to be right: www.v8supercars.com.au

Good source. I couldnt find anything so I emailed them . You are right, although it doesnt say when they bought it. Nothing I read until now said that. They could be in serious shit. They would not be able to use the name HRT for two years if they get nabbed. I suppose it would mean that the team would have to change the name but its been done before from MHDT. The rule actually means that no matter what shit Holden gets themselves in they can easily back a new team because they are not allowed to financially own them anyway.

nah i don't think so
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Thread Information