Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

tanks

V8 tanks never handle well

all american cars have is straut line speed.

and most are automatic so a brick to hold down the acccelerater is all you need.

people must remeber that americans live in there own little world, where they make up there own sports so they can be worldchampions at something and make cars that olny americans would like. it is pointless even comparing american cars to any others because its never really a contest.

if you go engine size agaist engine size american cars will always come last even in strait line speed never mind handling.

but like i said its no point arguing cos they live in there own world solets just leave to think that they really are good at something.

Americans are not the only ones who make large V8 cars
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

but

but the non american cars always out perform the american tanks
    and always handle better.

I don't think this argument will ever be won;

Anyone want a new car? 2.2L Ecotec - (It's not a V8 and it's American so It's gotta be slow right . . .)

Here

Wink and

proburaly cant handle worth shit

You're all stupid.

You think that American cars are slow and can't handle. You're all blind.

Didn't the C5-R place 2nd and 3rd in Le Mans last week?

The Z06 out performs a 911 Turbo for half the cost.

The Viper out performs the Ferrari 360 for much less price.

The SRT-4 out performs any Japanese/European sport compact car.

The Saleen S7 is finally starting to receive some attention.

The Lincoln LS V8 is right up there with the 5 series and E class.

You're all obviously brain washed.
    Tdot owns you.

as for LM/GT the vette c5r are doing very well but the 996 GT3 RS is doing better as for GT 500 and GT300 - as for the viper thrashing the 360 - have you ever thought about the vipers interior and compared it to the 360 - i think and i will say i am positive the 360s interior is miles ahead of the viper in terms of build quality and the new viper is also damn ****in hot because of the side massive pipes - its not just performance there are other things in a car also.the overall development and engineering of the ferrari is way better also and one uses a 8.3 litre engine and the other a measly 3.6 litre engine - obviously the ferrari is lighter but the viper has 4700CC more than the 360 - thast does not really help much i suppose - you can;t really compare a viper to a 360 - bing in the 575 and we'll talk about real rivalry
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Nash,
    I guess we are just all idiots because we disagree with you. But I want to know, when did a 'Vette Z06 compete in a number of measured 'performance' criteria against a 911 turbo and come out on top? In straight line speed they are definitely closely matched (although I have yet to see a document substantiating their claimed 4.0 0-62 mph, Porsche has run a 4.1 in Evo magazine), but the porsche is miles ahead in chassis development and very importantly at high speed, safety.

btw: Isn't this site about asian cars?

You can't argue the facts, and the facts are that American cars just good as European and Japanese cars. And I'm not biased, I like all cars.

Sure you can compare the SRT10's interior to the Ferrari, while we're comparing interior, let's compare prices, shall we?

Yes, these are the Asian forums, but you guys aren't talking about Asian cars. You're just bashing American cars.
    Tdot owns you.

Originally posted by Kudosdude
    I don't think this argument will ever be won;

Anyone want a new car? 2.2L Ecotec - (It's not a V8 and it's American so It's gotta be slow right . . .)

Here
    that is one SLOW car
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

just go on engine size alone

on engine size alone it proves how crap the amaerican cars are.

if you made an 8 litre ferrari it would go back in time it would be so fast

and the only way americans would match that is by making a 11 litre car

shame on you americans

the americans love to take it easy - and what could you expect from a country with $5 per GALLON eh
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

i mean 1$ per GALLON
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Nash does have a point about some american cars. I'm not about to agree that the corvette Z06 is any good, but the Ford GT (40) was a really good car, crushing Ferrari in front of the whole world. The new model also has what it takes to be fantastic.
    The big problem with US cars isn't that they are all crap, but that they should be better. If the engineers in the US spent a few dollars and used a few brain cells then they too could enjoy the benefits of technological advancements that have been made in the last 30 years. But short term it is cheaper to simply use bigger engines, so that is their answer.
    Ford has started to move in the high tech direction, although the BOSS v8 motor shows that they are tring to gain the best of both worlds (long stroke for lots of torque, multi cams/valves for better high rpm power) and can't get it quite right yet. One day....
    Large engines in cars to make them go fast is hardly just an american practice anyway. Consider the Pagani Zonda. 7.3 litres, anyone?
    Nash, the point I was making is that I want to talk about asian cars. Not having a go at you, just the bickering in general.

ford is very much influenced by a lot of EURO companies like jaguar and volvo(which are under them) and they all make great engines(especially volvo) thats why i think they have the advantage at status quo
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Thread Information