Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn it.

Goddamn it.

Got blinded coming out from under the bridge, knew I wasn't going to make the turn so stood it up and tried to pull it up, hit the gravel then wound up on my side in the ditch. Damage is the usual, levers, bars, indicators, screen, one of the covers. But the dash is farked as and it'll probably be a bitch to replace.

****en.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

what about the important part, yourself?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bit of a friction graze on my knee that'll probably turn into a nice bruise, and a bit sore from clean lifting 170kg off the ground, and a bruised ego, but I'll live.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Bit of a friction graze on my knee that'll probably turn into a nice bruise, and a bit sore from clean lifting 170kg off the ground, and a bruised ego, but I'll live.
    good, did you wear a full leather outfit?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

at least you're not badly injured. repairable?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Sucks for you, at least you're alright.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    good, did you wear a full leather outfit?
    Nope. Kevlar jeans and a cordura jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    at least you're not badly injured. repairable?
    Yeah should be. Bit worried about trying to get another dash and engine cover, plus I don't know how bad the hit to the radiator and engine mount are yet.
    – Hunter Thompson

It's good to hear you're alright.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Glad to hear you're OK. Bike is repairable -- who needs a dash anyway ?

Intrested in the condition of the kevlar jeans. Thought about these in the past, but stuck with leathers as I wasn't convinced of multiple drops My leathers have survived a few skids along the black stuff

Low sun's a biatch I'll get in first "You should have anticipated that"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Don't even know whether you're lucky or the opposite, 2nd
    Don't think you're the only one here - I smashed my friend's scooter once (almost a year ago) slightly - a piece of plastic came undone (was later applied back using screws), ignition lock went off a bit, but was just put back by me with hands after a minute tries (Taiwan lolz), and the only serious was a bit bended steering column - it appeared to be weak, but it works good up to the moment.

Maybe it will help you to overcome your 'bruised ego' Take care.

BTW, have you tried a darkened helmet visor or at least sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Intrested in the condition of the kevlar jeans. Thought about these in the past, but stuck with leathers as I wasn't convinced of multiple drops My leathers have survived a few skids along the black stuff
    They've held up really well. I probably hit the ground at about 15-20kmh, and the only damage is a small hole I can just fit my pinkie finger through. I've seen them hold up really well to 60kmh slides before. You'd probably still wanna replace them after anything faster than that. (I have Hornee's Hornee® Jeans - The Official Website - Protective motorcycle gear, with style.)

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    BTW, have you tried a darkened helmet visor or at least sunglasses?
    Was wearing sunnies.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 05-02-2008 at 04:58 AM.
    – Hunter Thompson

Tough sledding (forgive the pun) - Glad you're ok though. Sleds can be fixed, or replaced. People can't.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Glad to hear you're ok, and with some luck the engine and radiator might not be damaged at all... well that's life, some more experience earend for you unfortunatly it was not the the nice way...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I'm glad you're alright 2ndcc, you bike riders have a lot of balls.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Ouch, glad to hear you're alright, my mate wasn't so lucky last week. Hope it doesn't cost you too much to sort.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information