View Poll Results: What browser do you use?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

23 60.53%
  • Mozilla/Netscape

10 26.32%
  • Other (please specify)

5 13.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Browser do you use?

What Browser do you use?

The poll is simple: What browser do you use?

If you chose IE, please explain yourself, or convert. Mozilla is infinitely superior.

http://www.mozilla.org/

I use Netscape 7.x 95% of the time. The other 5% is when some dumb webmaster forgets to cater for people with decent browsers, and I have to go as low as using IE.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Opera.....hells yea!

Ive never tried any other browser. exept yahoo browser when i got bt yahoo broadband, that was naff! Wat are the others like??

I agree with Egg nog Mozilla is superior and the history its better ( to XXX websites )
    Last edited by stratos; 05-09-2004 at 03:24 PM.
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

I have MSN as my net server and it has it's own browser. It has a nice look to it. does any one else use this?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I use Mozilla Firebird, it's a little slower to load than IE and it occasionally dislikes some pages, but it's full of great features. The ability to use tabs outweighs any negative you could ever come up with. So like the good chap said, convert or explain!

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I have MSN as my net server and it has it's own browser. It has a nice look to it. does any one else use this?

yep, i do, and ya, it works pretty good, tho i'm thinkin of downloadin that mozilla...
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

IE, coz most businesses rely on MS "features" on their web pages and I want all pages to work when I access them.
    MS relies on the more is better argument and it's difficult to not fall in line
    I uses Sun's Java tho'
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I use Internet Explorer but only because it came loaded on the computer. Can you tell me more about Mozilla? I'm willing to change. What does it offer as compared to IE?

mozilla is free. go to that website and download the most recent version that'll work with your computer (be it a mac or pc). i used to use it, but then my friend introduced me to mozilla firefox, it's a faster version of firebird, and includes tabbed browsing! I use it for my pc and ibook.

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    I use Internet Explorer but only because it came loaded on the computer. Can you tell me more about Mozilla? I'm willing to change. What does it offer as compared to IE?
    • It blocks pop-ups and auto-install spyware
    • It offers the use of tabs (see screenshot, I have 3 UCP tabs open)
    • Easier interface, hold down shift and scroll-wheel to go forward/back
    • Good independent-window download manager
    • It's not Microsoft!

Firefox is the latest version of Mozilla... you can get it free at http://www.mozilla.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use safari, which came on my comp. That mozilla copy cat program is kinda like it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I used to use AOL but nowadays it doesn't work so I use internet explorer now.

I use IE primarily, just becuase its fast- however, since its not very powerful, I sometiems have to switch over to Mozilla or Saffari to view certain pages.
    Two words: Dodge Viper

Thread Information