Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: [PC] Crysis

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Clivey has a point, powerful laptops are the ultimate portable gaming system. It really depends on the user. If you travel a lot or work in a office you'll find the laptop suiting you better for entertainment.

On the other hand for most PC gamers who don't travel lots or when the only place to use a computer comfortably is at home because you can't find places outside where you can stay for a long time, you'd rather have a powerful desktop. Powerful desktops are for those who would like to experience the best visuals, but generally, a laptop can run everything, only some at lower settings. It's not that much of a loss.

It's not a bad idea at all to own a great laptop if you're willing to spend the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    That's exactly it - you DON'T get the point.

You act like PCs are the be-all-and-end-all, and use every opportunity to take a swipe at consoles. "OC'd AMD Tw4tr0n 4.0 bazillahurtz pwnz c0n50lez, yo." "Guess what guys? J00 5uX0rz 'c4use u c4n't pl4y Crysis!!!1111one" - you're playing that card far too much. EVERY PLATFORM HAS ITS FLAWS!!! I bought a 360 for the games that aren't out on PC - and it was cheaper than building a gaming PC with a huge tower and dedicated screen that I don't have room for.

Yes, I could order £2,500 woth of MacBook Pro, load multiple OS's and claim to beat the **** out of everything, but I like to think I have a life.
    When you say PC it doesn't necessarily have to be strictly running Windows. By the definition a Mac is a Personal Computer too, just running on a different OS. Maybe if it wasn't for the console people being so provocative I wouldn't use every opportunity to fight back. I did a review on my video card and there's always somebody bringing up that e-penis stuff when I only wanted to inform others about a great product. But on the other side the whole site would turn against me if I post any negative things about consoles and not even anything personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Considering this rant about the elitist snobbery of supporting members, you come across as a fine elitist snob.

Since when do you get to dictate what people can and can't post in a thread, or demand that people stay "on topic"?

If you don't agree with some contributions; report a post, PM a mod, etc.

Moaning doesn't help anybody, neither does antagonising people with rhetoric such as the above.

"UCP" stands for "Ultimate Car Page", not "Ultimate NuclearCrap's Crysis Page", therefore any member can make any contribution they wish, within UCP's posting guidelines.

If you don't like that, go and set up "www.ultimatenuclearcrapscrysispage.com" and then you will be free to dictate your own terms as you see fit.
    I never said I was dictating anything. I was only expressing how I felt and without breaking any rules. However, the guidelines do say that going way off-topic is not allowed. I'm only firing after being fired upon. I think the attempt to troll us PC users here is against the rules in the first place. And now you're using personal attacks as your opening. It's the console crowd that provoked me in the first place, led by a mod. And as I said earlier, I'll stop if they stop being provocative. Rocke did stop, but why did you have to fire it up again? If you don't feel convenient replying, you don't have to. Nobody's forcing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    running crysis? well.. that depends. Crysis' engine cryengine2 has been optimized to adapt to both dx9 & dx10 machines, of both low and high performance. So basically it will adapt to out-dated machines, and also make the most of the top of the range pc's.

So it depends..
    Notebooks can have SLI too. The best you can get now is the new Core 2 Duo T7800 2.6Ghz, whatever amount of DDR2 they can fit into laptops now, and 7950GTX SLI (8600M is slower). 7950GTX is only available for laptops. It'll be enough for Crysis DX9 definitely.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 08-16-2007 at 09:17 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I want a suit like that
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

I just think gaming is one of those self-funding industries.

Makers release a computer, game creators design game exclusively around this format (i suppose it's no different to console gaming), people who wish to play that game must get new computer first.

I just think it's too much effort, but each to their own.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I want a suit like that
    Well, DARPA is developing one, so you might get one if you join the Marines or something

Might make getting shot a little more fun
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    True duels/side pipes

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I just think gaming is one of those self-funding industries.

Makers release a computer, game creators design game exclusively around this format (i suppose it's no different to console gaming), people who wish to play that game must get new computer first.

I just think it's too much effort, but each to their own.
    yeah, its kinda like that but instead of releasing a computer its the big names like Nvidia, Ati, Intel and AMD that release new technologies which enhance the gaming experience and keep taking it further. Like the latest 8800 GPU's are the cards that let you enhance DX9 games to the best you can, and are also the first DX10 cards which in time will be replaced by the next generation DX10 cards until DX11 comes out and it keeps going from there. You tend to keep upgrading certain parts of your computer to keep up, rather than buy the latest console. Although its always the safer option to buy the latest xbox for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    I was only expressing how I felt and without breaking any rules.
    I'm only firing after being fired upon.
    It's the console crowd that provoked me in the first place.
    I'll stop if they stop being provocative.
    the attempt to troll us PC users here is against the rules.
    You're using personal attacks.
    Led by a mod.
    Why did you have to fire it up again?
    "How can failing to accept personal responsibility result in negative consequences?

When you have not accepted personal responsibility, you can run the risk of becoming:

- Overly dependent on others for recognition, approval, affirmation, and acceptance.

- Chronically hostile, angry, or depressed over how unfairly you have been or are being treated.

- Fearful about ever taking a risk or making a decision.

- Overwhelmed by disabling fears.

- Unsuccessful at the enterprises you take on in life.

- Unsuccessful in personal relationships.

- Emotionally or physically unhealthy.

- Addicted to unhealthy substances, such as the abuse of alcohol, drugs, food, or unhealthy behavior such as excessive gambling, shopping, sex, smoking, work, etc.

- Over responsible and guilt ridden in your need to rescue and enable others in your life.

- Unable to develop trust or to feel secure with others.

- Resistant to vulnerability."

"How can failing to accept personal responsibility result in negative consequences?

When you have not accepted personal responsibility, you can run the risk of becoming:

- Overly dependent on others for recognition, approval, affirmation, and acceptance.

- Chronically hostile, angry, or depressed over how unfairly you have been or are being treated.

- Fearful about ever taking a risk or making a decision.

- Overwhelmed by disabling fears.

- Unsuccessful at the enterprises you take on in life.

- Unsuccessful in personal relationships.

- Emotionally or physically unhealthy.

- Addicted to unhealthy substances, such as the abuse of alcohol, drugs, food, or unhealthy behavior such as excessive gambling, shopping, sex, smoking, work, etc.

- Over responsible and guilt ridden in your need to rescue and enable others in your life.

- Unable to develop trust or to feel secure with others.

- Resistant to vulnerability."
    I do not think your assumptions are in any way correct, but I do think you need to review the #1 rule in the forum guidelines. Negative false assumptions and name-calling are insults.

On the other hand, you have proven my original statement correct: Some mods can break rules without having their posts moderated. It's just that I don't think you can prove me wrong without the use of personal attacks.

Oh and one more thing, please don't edit my quotes. I clearly wrote it in a paragraph, wouldn't make much sense if you break everything up.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 08-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    yeah, its kinda like that but instead of releasing a computer its the big names like Nvidia, Ati, Intel and AMD that release new technologies which enhance the gaming experience and keep taking it further. Like the latest 8800 GPU's are the cards that let you enhance DX9 games to the best you can, and are also the first DX10 cards which in time will be replaced by the next generation DX10 cards until DX11 comes out and it keeps going from there. You tend to keep upgrading certain parts of your computer to keep up, rather than buy the latest console. Although its always the safer option to buy the latest xbox for most people.
    You're using too many technical terms for someone who has a laptop w/ 256mb of RAM

It's just a self-funding industry to my eyes.

Oh, and considering the Red Ring of death, Xbox's don't seem that much of a safe bet
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

"The dog ate my personal responsibility

The latest finger-pointing idiocy and Not-My-Fault-ism from a foamy, spittle-flecked outer moon of Planet Wingnut:"

I do not think your assumptions are in any way correct, but I do think you need to review the #1 rule in the forum guidelines. Negative false assumptions and name-calling are insults.

On the other hand, you have proven my original statement correct: Some mods can break rules without having their posts moderated. It's just that I don't think you can prove me wrong without the use of personal attacks.

Oh and one more thing, please don't edit my quotes. I clearly wrote it in a paragraph, wouldn't make much sense if you break everything up.

"The dog ate my personal responsibility

The latest finger-pointing idiocy and Not-My-Fault-ism from a foamy, spittle-flecked outer moon of Planet Wingnut:"

I have no idea what your talking about but i believe that was the funniest thing i've read in a long time.
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    True duels/side pipes

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You're using too many technical terms for someone who has a laptop w/ 256mb of RAM

It's just a self-funding industry to my eyes.

Oh, and considering the Red Ring of death, Xbox's don't seem that much of a safe bet
    Especially when the PS3 can do this: PS3 survives 108 straight hours in a sweatbox - Joystiq
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Are they really going to release a violent video game on September 11? Isn't that just crying for bad media attention?

Quote Originally Posted by carlover View Post
    Are they really going to release a violent video game on September 11? Isn't that just crying for bad media attention?
    I just haven't updated it.

November 16th is the confirmed release date.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

OK, I'll repeat my question because this thread seems to have gone to hell with all the fighting, bitching etc.:

If I were to build a PC with the recommended specs for running Crysis (including screen, keyboard and mouse), how much money would I be looking at spending? Are we talking $1,000? Or $2,000, or what?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thread Information