Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What cell/mobile phone do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I have a Blackberry, not sure what kind... 8300 or something maybe? It's ok, it has a keyboard which is pretty much all I care about, I only use it for calls and texting... oh and the calendar every now and then.
    Thatīs one of the reasons I got my BlackBlerry, the full QWERTY keyboard. I hate typing on normal cell phones. The QWERTY keyboard makes it much faster.

I used to have a Palm Treo 650 and I had it for the same reason.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    Thatīs one of the reasons I got my BlackBlerry, the full QWERTY keyboard. I hate typing on normal cell phones. The QWERTY keyboard makes it much faster.

I used to have a Palm Treo 650 and I had it for the same reason.
    about 10 years ago my company offered me (and the staff of the whole department) a palm top as an annual bonus. I refused, because then I would have had to use my reading glasses on a permanent basis. I got some quality bottles of wine instead, which I greatly preferred.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    about 10 years ago my company offered me (and the staff of the whole department) a palm top as an annual bonus. I refused, because then I would have had to use my reading glasses on a permanent basis. I got some quality bottles of wine instead, which I greatly preferred.
    Jajaja, I can see why you chose the wine Henk You know, 10 years ago, it wasnīt that common or even nessasary to have at least e-mail on a phone, as it is in my case. Besides, back then phones like the Palm and the BlackBerry didnīt even have WIFI, they do now, so itīs much easier to be online if needed. Iīm on my carriers 3G network, so WIFI isnīt indispensable to me. But It will come in handy if I pay my bill a few days late
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I had a ĻnormalĻ cell phone for a few months. A Sony Erricson R306, I thought I could get by with just texting and calls. But the inability to read and answer e-mails while on the go made me think again. I hated telling people, as soon as I get to the computer, Iīll ....

Plus typing even a simple SMS on a normal is a pain in the butt for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a HTC Hero. Best phone I have ever owned.

Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I have a HTC Hero. Best phone I have ever owned.

What do you like about it? What do you use it for?

lol...my phone seems to be from stone age compared to yours. I own a Sony Ericson K200i^^
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

iPhone 3G 8GB black. And to anyone who has a 4th gen., how is the calling function working out...?
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Black iPhone 3G 16GB. Can't wait to buy the 4!

I have some awful thing made by LG. Flip phone with a color screen on the inside and b&w on the outside, and that's about it.
    It is a piece of shit.
    It is very thick, so that even when I wear loose pants it digs into my leg, and despite the fact that I only use it once a week or so and text once a month, the keys refuse to ever admit they've been pressed.
    All that being said, because I use it so little those problems don't matter that much. I don't like all of the vapid phone conversations that people have so I usually only turn it on to call other people. It would be nice to join the 202nd decade, though, with something smaller and a bit more functional.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    You can do this: bring the phone, and use only when you need it. Only the people I care have my number, or those I need to talk with, and since I'm not one of those sending a text message every 30 seconds, I don't receive those messages either. So freedom, check.
    Well I fortunate in that aspect too. I don't get many calls and those who call me are the ones I care about. Also, my texting ability is limited, so I don't get many meesages either.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    On the other hand, you may want to bring something that replace some comforts you have at home, like internet access, music...
    I always considered built in cameras a somehow good thing, as you will always have a camera to shoot something interesting or funny.
    How that influenced the flood of horrible shots all over the place (like facebook) is whole different subject.

That said, I don't think there is a mobile phone which is just that, a phone, with a good camera and nothing else. They always come with other stuff I really don't care. Like something bigger than my wallet or worth more than may monthly rent.
    I like Ferrer's no-internet thing- I go outside to go outside.

But I do like the camera part- I like photography, but I don't always carry a DSLR. I'd love a dumb phone with a great camera- micro SD card slot, good ISO performance, decent resolution.

That's why I'd love it if Apple put a camera in a Ipod Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I like Ferrer's no-internet thing- I go outside to go outside.

But I do like the camera part- I like photography, but I don't always carry a DSLR. I'd love a dumb phone with a great camera- micro SD card slot, good ISO performance, decent resolution.

That's why I'd love it if Apple put a camera in a Ipod Touch.
    Not that the Ipod Touch is exactly cheap though.
    I never understood that thing though, it's like an Iphone, but it can't make phone calls, so that you have to bring another phone with you.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I've the Verizon Razzle, and I love it. I don't do much on it except for texting, and calling, which it is great for. It's also a great looking phone, with the black background and green buttons.

I also have a very old iPhone, the first generation or something. It was given to me for free, but it doesn't have the AT&T subscription so I just use it as my portable camera and listen to my music on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the Cheapest iPhone of them all. (2G iPhone 4GB)

Well, I guess it still cost (when new) more than the 3G/3GS ones.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Thread Information