Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: deliberate!

deliberate!

Ive been listening to the Italian journalist who was freed a few days back and shot at as her car approached the US check point. She says she thinks the soldiers may have deliberatley targetted her because, and this is gold, the terrorists who had kidnapped her and forced her to beg for her life, told her that the US did not want her freed because they did not want people to be freed by way of paying ransoms. I cant imagine I could give much credibility to her regular journalism when you see her sources.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

The only problem I have with conspiracy theories about her is that Italy is about our only friend over there and I cannot imagine we'd do anything to make them angry. That being said, our invasion and occupation has been a complete cluster bleep from the very beginning, so this may have just been one more example of how totally out of control things are over there.

please define "totally out of control things are over there," blackcat77.

at least they didnt take her head off with a knife. thats gotta be one of the harshest ways to die. ever.
    The Datto will rage again...

Worse if you see it that pic stays in the head for life
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

On the surface it seems the US soldiers may have reacted because the car refused to stop which is understandable seeing the amout of car bombs. There was an inference, by this woman, that the word was out that they were coming however it is a big call to let a speeding car come at you knowing what is going on around there. This is another of those incidents that will probably never be cleared up satisfactorily for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    at least they didnt take her head off with a knife. thats gotta be one of the harshest ways to die. ever.
    especially one of those blunt knives, yech
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Methinks it was just an act of confusion on the US soldiers part who didn't know anythng about what was going on.

From what i understand they had actually stopped at the checkpoint before they were fired upon.

And think of the brave man who saved this ladies life........

Another public relations disaster, care of the US military.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Methinks it was just an act of confusion on the US soldiers part who didn't know anythng about what was going on.

From what i understand they had actually stopped at the checkpoint before they were fired upon.

And think of the brave man who saved this ladies life........

Another public relations disaster, care of the US military.
    Public relations disasters are made thay way by scurrulous media andthose who wish to paint everything the US does in a bad light. I await with trepidation the ridiculous bleatings that are sure to follow this tragic accident.

so, yeah, did anyone hear that kennedy was really killed by two guys in the grassy knole? it wasnt LHO-----CONSPIRACY!!!!
    pondering things

OK I think thats total BS. There has to be a missing link here, the troops may be arragent US citizens (For all you US haters) but something had to provoke them about the car, I doubt they would be like "Hey a car carrying a freed hostage, FIRE!" It had to look suspicious or not stop or slow down or something we are not out for the worlds blood as everyone seems to think.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Public relations disasters are made thay way by scurrulous media andthose who wish to paint everything the US does in a bad light..
    i hope you're not referring to this particular incident as being painted in a bad light. Killing innocent people wether intentionally or accidentally is still a disaster. Despite the latter being more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    something had to provoke them about the car, I doubt they would be like "Hey a car carrying a freed hostage, FIRE!" It had to look suspicious or not stop or slow down or something we are not out for the worlds blood as everyone seems to think.
    nah, a barrel of blood wont cost over $50
    i do agree with you though, something had to be fishy about that vehicle. even if they wanted to kill her, they could have done it in a more subtle way.
    i do feel sorry for the killed Italian intelligence officer however.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i hope you're not referring to this particular incident as being painted in a bad light. Killing innocent people wether intentionally or accidentally is still a disaster. Despite the latter being more obvious.
    Big disaster for the security guy and a lesser extent for the woman. I heard an interview with her and the interviewer was having a ball. "So where was the security guy when he was hit?" "So he died in your arms basically?" "So Im putting words in your mouth basically?" "Tell us in the most sensational way how you felt about it".
    All Im saying is I fully expect the the anti US fraternity to make the most of it in the most cynical way.

i feel sorry for that agent and i give him my respect for doing what he did, but they should have known that if they were driving toward a US checkpoint they have to stop, no matter what, or they get blasted. i mean, the US have lost heaps of troops to car bombs so the guys on that checkpoint probably weren't about to let a car through on the off chance that it was the italians, it could have just as easily been a suicide bomber
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Obviously US intelligence was unaware of what was going on, and not for the first time. Otherwise clear instructions could have gone out to the soldiers standing guard along the route the convoy was going to take.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information