Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4th Gen.

iPhone 4th Gen.

New iPhone. I know you guys are gonig to hop on this. I know we got some fanboys on this site.
    The time has come. After multiple leaks earlier in the year, we get to see official images of the new iPhone 4G by Apple today. It turns out that the leaked iPhone was the new one. The new iPhone 4G comes with:

* all new design
    * glass on the front and rear
    * front facing camera
    * camera and LED flash on the back
    * thinnest smartphone ever
    * stainless steel band on the exterior acts as antenna (the outer rim of the phone)
    * stainless steel case
    * resolution twice as good as on the 3GS with the Retina display
    * new A4 chip designed by Apple
    * comes with Mircosim to save space
    * imprived battery life by 40%
    * 5 megapixel camera with digital zoom
    * HD video recording
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

yeah, my contract comes up this year on my 3G. and they just announced that they will consider you eligible for upgrade if it ends any time in 2010. so i will likely get one when it comes out on 24 June.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Same here.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Waiting to see if they will release an unlocked version.

I'm not into the iPhone, although I do have an iTouch.

If they made an iTouch with a camera, I might be interested though.

I'm not into phones much, but the Iphone is just impressive, not a single phone out there is better than this thing, period.

This is a notable upgrade, but many of the features they talk about have been available on other handsets for nearly a decade. Not that this is anything new with an Apple product.

I think I'm bored with my iPhone 3G's lack of multimedia and social networking abilities (it is 2 years old now, I suppose) so I'll likely be upgrading to an Android handset.

Seriously, these upgrades aren't so much "oh wow, thats amazing!", more "oh, it didn't have them before?"
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Lack of multimedia and social networking abilities?

wut.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

iPod is great, sure.

But I don't like having to open a new app everytime I want to do something, I should be able to switch between apps and have them integrate into my homepage, so that I don't have to open my Facebook app, for instance, to find out new stuff.

A good example is Friendstream on Android, syncronises all recent contact with my friends (eg, texts, calls, facebook updates) and knits them together on a homepage, rather than tap-facebook-tap-texts-tap-calls-tap-frustration.

It's pretty, no doubt, but I'm wanting something more. And the only thing holding me to an iPhone - iTunes - Can be overtaken with DoubleTwist.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    iPod is great, sure.

But I don't like having to open a new app everytime I want to do something, I should be able to switch between apps and have them integrate into my homepage, so that I don't have to open my Facebook app, for instance, to find out new stuff.

A good example is Friendstream on Android, syncronises all recent contact with my friends (eg, texts, calls, facebook updates) and knits them together on a homepage, rather than tap-facebook-tap-texts-tap-calls-tap-frustration.

It's pretty, no doubt, but I'm wanting something more. And the only thing holding me to an iPhone - iTunes - Can be overtaken with DoubleTwist.
    I think multitasking is in the next iPhone OS.

I dont think what Regi is talking about would be covered by multi-tasking.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

That is true. But it's not a magical feature, nor is it new. My problem is the fundamental need to go back to the homepage and start again, regardless of multi-tasking.

And it's a dock, the program still shuts itself off in the background is my understanding, you know, to create the great user experience.

I sound like a hater but I'm just a little fed up with this drip-fed yearly update crap that reminds me of how Americans used to buy their cars - NEW FOR 2010! MORE CHROME! I prefer it to no updates at all, but this is not the revolution they claim. They've been milking that evolution for 4 years now

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    That is true. But it's not a magical feature, nor is it new. My problem is the fundamental need to go back to the homepage and start again, regardless of multi-tasking.

And it's a dock, the program still shuts itself off in the background is my understanding, you know, to create the great user experience.

I sound like a hater but I'm just a little fed up with this drip-fed yearly update crap that reminds me of how Americans used to buy their cars - NEW FOR 2010! MORE CHROME! I prefer it to no updates at all, but this is not the revolution they claim. They've been milking that evolution for 4 years now
    It's fine, I don't like the iPhone. AT&T's service is terrible from what I hear. That's why I'd be interested in an iTouch that has a camera. I like the camera and video recording maybe. I just don't need it in phone form as well. I already have a cell phone. It does what I want. I just want a better everyday camera than my stupid cell phone camera- it's out of memory and it sucks. I need a smaller camera for days when I don't want to carry my 7 year old point and shoot.

You're talking to someone who has a Macbook too.

I'm still pondering whether or not I want this. I've never had a smartphone, so it's all pretty new to me. Not sure I mind about having to tap into things to get updates, I'm not someone who minds not being on twitter 24/7. The main reason I don't have anything fancy yet is that I'm not sure it's worth increasing my phone bill four fold to do it.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I have a $29 cap w/ $10 internet add on that does me nicely.

granted, I bought the phone outright, but still...there are ways and means.

Thread Information