Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyota deliberately chose to ignore the facts.

Toyota Prius braking problems cropping up in Japan and US.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    So he was driving it home from the shop?
    I think he was going somewhere with his family while it was getting worked on, but I'd have to find the article again. I just remember that it was a loaner car and his family was in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    I've driven cars with keyless ignition. I don't expect to have to know how to turn the car off at highway speeds. Remember that in neutral or park you don't have to hold the power button. One touch and it's off.
    This. Probably not something a lot of people have tried before.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Toyota Prius braking problems cropping up in Japan and US.
    These are dark days for Toyota. When it rains, it pours.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...-problem_N.htm
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 02-04-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Apparently this month Toyota did worse than Chrysler in the US. Which is odd because I thought Chrysler didn't sell any cars at all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i thought there was a law against chrysler making cars.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well I guess the only bright side in all this is that it leads to the creation of a new pickup line.

Hey, baby, are you a Toyota? Because you just made my heart unintentionally accelerate.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well I guess the only bright side in all this is that it leads to the creation of a new pickup line.

Hey, baby, are you a Toyota? Because you just made my heart unintentionally accelerate.
    Don't pause between the sentences.. she'll think you're calling her adequate, but boring.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Apparently this month Toyota did worse than Chrysler in the US. Which is odd because I thought Chrysler didn't sell any cars at all.
    Well of course when they have seized sales!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

lol! Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i thought there was a law against chrysler making cars.
    That law may spread to Toyota.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I suspect the outside testers who got the electronics to short circuit and accelerate the car without engaging any override etc. may have exposed the real problem. If it turns out to be electronic...it couldn't be worse for Toyota.

"15 Drivers Complain That Toyota's Fixes Didn't Work

More Toyota drivers say their cars have sped up by themselves even after being fixed to correct the problem.

Another five people have reported problems to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's complaint database, describing surges of speed that came without warning. That is on top of at least 15 similar cases found by an Associated Press review of the data on Wednesday.

The complaints, which are submitted online or through a NHTSA hot line, have not been independently verified. Government investigators said Wednesday that they had found 10 possible cases of post-fix problems.

As part of two recalls involving more than 8 million vehicles worldwide, Toyota is installing special metal shims and shortening gas pedals to solve the problem of unintended acceleration. The Japanese automaker blames the problem on gas pedals that can become sticky or be trapped under floor mats.

The company says it is confident its fixes will take care of the problems, but that its engineers will check into the complaints.

The driver of a 2008 Camry, which received fixes under two Toyota recalls, wrote in a complaint that the sedan speeds up when it is started.

"I can drive up to 30 miles an hour without applying the gas," the driver wrote.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood told a Senate appropriations subcommittee Thursday that drivers who are still having problems after the fixes should take their cars or trucks back to the dealer."

More drivers file complaints after Toyota fix - Yahoo! News

GM, and Nissan are now also recalling vehicles. Geez, they definitely don't build em' like they used to. Can't these car makers get their acts together, and build a solid vehicle. This is getting ridiculous.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/59667/gm...1-3m-vehicles/

Nissan, GM, Toyota recall vehicles; have we become a ‘recall nation’? - SmartPlanet

Also, Ford apparently outsold GM, and Toyota for the past month. Seems like their on a roll.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I think the other way, Equinox.

Car manufacturers are more frightened of litigation then before. so they're overly cautious.

Granted, they were building cars with inbuilt faults, but thats been happening since the year dot.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I think the other way, Equinox.

Car manufacturers are more frightened of litigation then before. so they're overly cautious.

Granted, they were building cars with inbuilt faults, but thats been happening since the year dot.
    Once a litigation storm starts no one wants to be caught in it.

Also, I lolled when Toyoda asked congress if Toyota could avoid a full recall because it would cost them too much money. Greatest excuse ever. And the one least likely to get you sympathy from the average person.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

^^ and why capitlaism is doomed the more we forget how it works and the lawyesr find way of ripping companies off

What do you want .... a company that pays REALISTIC costs and plans recalls with some LOGIC assuming the owner can control themselves a little..... OR a company forced to do massive recalls that then goes bust in 5 years because of the costs involved. Jobs or money .. what do you prefer ?

Oh and think of towns like Flint when the thought "not my job" passes through the mind as a reply. Major job losses means everyone upstream adn downstream get hit too.

For me it seemed MORE about idiots imagining all devices can work perfectly and give up ALL responsibility for having COMMON SENSE. Drivers once had th skills to react to stuck throttle cables ( knock it out of gear, switch if off brake HARD --- all work ) or brake efficiency changing ( eg push less, push harder, module the right foot usign the brain as a control system ).

Can you tell I'm pissed at lawyers feckign up everything to make themselves quick cash
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information