Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro & Cadillac DTS

If I may ask, why a DTS over the STS. I think the DTS is a decent car but I don't think it's a decent Caddy. I don't think it's really nice enough to be what a large Caddy should be. I admit the STS has fallen behind the competition where as the CTS is clearly in the game. But I do think the STS looks good.

The DTS seems like it's around to provide cars for fleet owners. When I look at some of the old Caddies Fleet has (no pun was intended) I see cars that for their time were world standard. Yes in some ways an old Mercedes was better but in other ways it would pail next to the old Caddies. The DTS doesn't live up to that standard in my eyes. Again, I think it's a nice car but I don't think it's a good Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    Plenty of power, I think the horsepower rating is 400. I noticed the ride is stiff. Not just a little stiff, but very stiff.
    That surprises me, i thought the camaros ride was very soft and smooth.

Of course I am used to F-body camaros.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    That surprises me, i thought the camaros ride was very soft and smooth.

Of course I am used to F-body camaros.
    It has those low-profile tires. I think that is one reason it rides so firm.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    If I may ask, why a DTS over the STS. I think the DTS is a decent car but I don't think it's a decent Caddy. I don't think it's really nice enough to be what a large Caddy should be. I admit the STS has fallen behind the competition where as the CTS is clearly in the game. But I do think the STS looks good.
    He wanted the biggest Cadillac available, which is the DTS. I suggested he consider a Lincoln Town Car L-series (6 inches longer than the regular Town Car). He seemed to like its size but he said that he is not a Ford person.

The DTS seems like it's around to provide cars for fleet owners. When I look at some of the old Caddies Fleet has (no pun was intended) I see cars that for their time were world standard. Yes in some ways an old Mercedes was better but in other ways it would pail next to the old Caddies. The DTS doesn't live up to that standard in my eyes. Again, I think it's a nice car but I don't think it's a good Cadillac.
    I agree. The DTS is quite different from traditional Cadillacs. I guess he wanted a new Cadillac and, for him, the DTS appealed to him most.

I'm not really surprised that he bought a new Cadillac, but I was really surprised when he told me he wanted to buy a new Camaro. I suppose he wanted something different... something more sporty.

Did he say why he went with the Camaro? Did he think of the Dodge challenger, or Mustang or something else. Or did he just go right for the Camaro.

I'm just wondering if he looked around or knew what he wanted.

I do agree, I like the STS caddy more.
    Last edited by Equinox; 03-18-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Did he say why he went with the Camaro? Did he think of the Dodge challenger, or Mustang or something else. Or did he just go right for the Camaro.

I'm just wondering if he looked around or knew what he wanted.

I do agree, I like the STS caddy more.
    He is an all-G.M. guy. That is why he didn't consider a Challenger or Mustang.

I like G.M., Ford and Mopars, although I lean to the older ones.

Loved both cars, but the caddy is my favourite

Thread Information