Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini vs. Ferrari

Lamborghini vs. Ferrari

This is one of the great automotive rivalries. Up their among Ford vs. Chevy and Mercedes vs. BMW.

So which is better? Ferrari, or Lamborghini.

Personally, I have to say Ferrari. The thing Ferrari has going for it is its pedigree. Ferrari's formula for success has always been "Sell the cars we race." They started out winning races and started selling cars to support their racing teams. And they've been doing it for 60 years, and have won 16 Formula 1 championships. And it is this I like. And, it is the reason I would never buy a Lamborghini, IMO. Lamborghini's have always been geared towards the road. And here they are brilliant. Top Gear has raved in several articles how brilliant they are on the road. But Lamborghini started out building tractors.... And their ownership by Audi, means they are stuck with AWD, which I find bothersome. They aren't geared towards the track. they aren't what you would consider a drivers car. Ferrari has always had perfection with their brilliant machines, that are truly awesome on the road, and absolutely brilliant on the track. So, I'd have a Ferrari.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

never driven current models of either, so.. lamborghini. they look better and have more fun. maybe the balboni edition, or something truly over the top like the LP670 and such.
    if i was interested in racing i'd get a porsche haha..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if i was interested in racing i'd get a porsche haha..
    duhhhahaha

Not really interested in new stuff by either manufacturer. I'm stuck in the 90's as far as my taste for these cars go. Cars that spark my interest mostly belong to Ferrari, including 355, 550, 456, 360 (especially stradale mmmmm). I do have a soft spot for Diablos though.

Porsches are just beetles, clarkson said so and he knows everything
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 10-14-2010 at 04:04 PM.

If I was buying a new car and choosing from these two I would buy a Lamborghini because I would buy the car that I felt was the most performance orientated. However I'm well aware that Lamborghini in no way offer real world choices for everyday drivers like the California, 612 or 599.

And while I would take a LP670 or similar today, if I could have any Ferrari or Lamborghini I'd want an F40.

Ferrari for sure! feels classier.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Ferrari. By a million miles.

In my opinion Lambo has only built five good looking cars in it's history: the 350GT, the 400GT 2+2, the Iselero, the Gallardo and the Murcielago. And even those were horribly built; my father bought a 400GT 2+2 new in 1966 and it caught fire three times before he sold it.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post

In my opinion Lambo has only built five good looking cars in it's history: the 350GT, the 400GT 2+2, the Iselero, the Gallardo and the Murcielago. And even those were horribly built; my father bought a 400GT 2+2 new in 1966 and it caught fire three times before he sold it.
    It was those funky high rise carbs right? The ones that spilled fuel all over the place? Jay Leno had a similar story, except it happed to his Miura. LOL
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    It was those funky high rise carbs right? The ones that spilled fuel all over the place? Jay Leno had a similar story, except it happed to his Miura. LOL
    Actually the car had sidedraft carbs. The fires were all electrical.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Actually the car had sidedraft carbs. The fires were all electrical.
    Well, I've heard the terms interchanged, but whatever, right?

What does matter, was that they were prone to spontaneous combustion...
    But Jay Leno did say his carbs were pissing fuel all over the place....
    Jimi Hendrix

a man of true taste

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra

There was another one that goes something like "Ferraris are for people who can't afford Lamborghini's".
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    "You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra

There was another one that goes something like "Ferraris are for people who can't afford Lamborghini's".
    Quotes like those have about as much credibility as those stickers you can buy of Calvin pissing on the Ford/chevy/dodge emblems. In other words, only idiots take them seriously.

I'm sure Pavarotti or some other awesome dead singer probably said the opposite, because that kind of shit always goes both ways.

p.s. not calling you an idiot, just saying.

Lambo straight up.

Sounds, looks,

I'll gladly admit they are probably slower than offerings from Ferrari but if you cant have fun at the speeds a Lamborghini can reach you're doing something very wrong.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I can go along with the first three, but it puzzles me that you would take the last two over a Miura. Perhaps being around when it was launched (first as a bare chassis and then next fully clothed) will cause me to consider it to be one of THE cars of the last century.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Lamborghini anyday. Ferrari is silly.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Thread Information