Thread: Stumped by a car for once!

Stumped by a car for once!

So i was driving through my girlfriend's hometown in which i've seen a couple Maybachs before so my eyes were sharp for some more expensive/exotic cars and one drove by in the other lane that stumped me for once.

I didn't get a good look at the back because my turn was coming up but i got a good view of the front. It had the grille of a Ssangyong Chairman but the grille shape of a Brilliance. Also, where the grille caved in in the middle, there looked to be a big letter "V" with what looked like maybe a smaller letter above it but i cant be positive. The overall shape of the car looked like a long sporty car, very similar to a Fisker Karma but with 4 doors.

My girlfriend said that she saw an Indian looking man driving it so i thought maybe it was possible that he moved from India and imported his Ssangyong but upon investigating Ssangyong's model line up, the car was nowhere to be found (again the Chairman had the same grille but not the overall car shape). I'm completely stumped and i really want to know what i saw.

The car on the left is the Ssangyong with the similar grille and on the right is Brilliance with the similar grille styling
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only car i can think of with a similar grille style off the top of my head would be the Proton Impian (or Waja as called in some places).

It probably comes to mind because of it having been used for a short while in the British Touring Car Championship.

Sounds like a Vauxhall prior to recent face-lift.
    Insignia maybe ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This was in North America?

Yes it was in New Jersey, I can see where Vauxhall would come to mind but the "V" was above the grille, not part of the grille design. The best way i can explain it is the elongated grille like on the Brilliance above, all chrome like the Ssangyong and the "V" a separate piece of chrome that was positioned a little lower than the badge on the Brilliance. If it helps any, the headlights had the same lower LED lining that you'd find on an Audi or Lexus
    Last edited by Cobrafan427; 04-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    similar to a Fisker Karma but with 4 doors.
    As opposed to the 8 door karma? Thanks for the clarification.I wonder if this yank can detect sarcasm
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik View Post
    As opposed to the 8 door karma? Thanks for the clarification.I wonder if this yank can detect sarcasm
    My bad, i was thinking of the Sunset, no need for @ssholery

There's also no need for neither negligence nor defensiveness. Learn to appreciate sarcasm or gtfo!
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Maybe it was just customized for the chairman. Don't you think?

steven barbarich
    Last edited by connorjpewell; 05-13-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    -connor

Thread Information