Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acura TSX Wagon Coming Stateside

Acura TSX Wagon Coming Stateside

About freaking time!

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - All-New TSX Sport Wagon to Arrive in Fall of 2010

BREAKING: Acura TSX Sport Wagon Coming In 2010 - Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Jalopnik

Two links if you guys want to browse a bit.

This is probably the most exciting thing happening to Honda since... the S2000...?

Sad, but true.

Ironically, no one bothers about the Accord Wagon over here since...ever.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That's because I think the European market pretty much gets everything the Japanese market gets, and you guys have nearly always had the wagons, to my knowledge. We always get screwed over when it comes down to wagons.

As much as I like Honda, I didn't want the Pilot, MDX or the CR-V when we were looking for a wagon. Both were too tall, and I seriously didn't want a SUV. We had to look to Subaru, and we now have an 2005 Forester. A minivan is way too large for a family of 3.

As much as it pains me to go Subaru, there's nothing I could have done. Honda doesn't import what I want.

I see. I kinda like the CR-V and its geometrically themed look, but I think I'd never buy one, period.

I saw pretty few Accords of the previous gen, and none of the new one. Mondeo is selling slow as well over here, same is Citroen C5, Renault Laguna, Seat Exeo, Skoda Octavia, Peugeot 407...

...so the problem is that at least here in Italy, either you buy Italian or German.

BTW, we don't get much of the Japanese cars, just the main models.
    Fortunately next year Peugeot will sell the Mitsu i over here.

Does the European market get the same ugly face as the second gen TSX? The first TSX was a really nice car. The second is a really nice ulgy car.

I really wish we got the Mondeo here. I loved my Contour SVT (Mondeo ST200). I would really like the newer, classier model in a hatch back (All US Mondeos/Contours were sedans). I've never figured out why sedan profile hatches aren't more popular in the US. The best I can figure is they cost more to make and most people just don't care about the extra space. Perhaps most people don't carry bulky items that can't fit into a trunk opening.

We don't get Acuras period.
    The new Accord (aka TSX) has the grille as shown in the links. It is no Miss Universe, but I could live with that without kinking it out of my garage.

We don't get Acuras period.
    The new Accord (aka TSX) has the grille as shown in the links. It is no Miss Universe, but I could live with that without kinking it out of my garage.
    I would keep in the garage... with the door closed. I don't want the neighbors to see it!

Seriously, what's happening to Honda's design people?

The problem isn't the Accord Estate in itself. The problem is that nobody cares about japanese cars in Europe in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Does the European market get the same ugly face as the second gen TSX? The first TSX was a really nice car. The second is a really nice ulgy car.

I really wish we got the Mondeo here. I loved my Contour SVT (Mondeo ST200). I would really like the newer, classier model in a hatch back (All US Mondeos/Contours were sedans). I've never figured out why sedan profile hatches aren't more popular in the US. The best I can figure is they cost more to make and most people just don't care about the extra space. Perhaps most people don't carry bulky items that can't fit into a trunk opening.
    Fortunately we don't have stupid shiny grille here. That's our Accord.

By the way, the Mondeo seems to have fallen out of favour here. I'd say it has grown too big for its own good. Unfortunately a trend that's infecting modern Fords...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Pity, that means it would be just the right side over here

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    By the way, the Mondeo seems to have fallen out of favour here. I'd say it has grown too big for its own good. Unfortunately a trend that's infecting modern Fords...
    yeah there really isn't much to separate it from the falcon here in terms of size, whereas previous models fit in nicely between focus and falcon
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Pity, that means it would be just the right side over here
    The problem is, that it is no longer the family car that drove a bit like a sublime sports saloon...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    About freaking time!

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - All-New TSX Sport Wagon to Arrive in Fall of 2010

BREAKING: Acura TSX Sport Wagon Coming In 2010 - Acura TSX Sport Wagon - Jalopnik

Two links if you guys want to browse a bit.

This is probably the most exciting thing happening to Honda since... the S2000...?

Sad, but true.
    Your link has upset me this early morning. Why? Honda designers and engineers are either under some sort of concentration camp duress or competition to design the most ugly car on earth or they are truely invested in the art of attempting to annoy those whose eyes know what beauty should look like. I was looking forward to a pretty wagon. Instead i saw as usual, another product of Honda blind bats.

All the recent Acura models are simply Ogres. They are downright ugly and nasty looking. Take a good look at the recent Acura RDX and you will think it was the Humpback of Notre Dame. The RDX now matches the Pontiac Aztek in 21st century auto ugliness.

The most recent TSX is ugly. It has no personality. Honda should focus on the looks of their cars before they turn out any new models. Maybe they need to send Honda designers for a 2 week course at Infiniti and/or Lexus design school, or wherever their designers go to school.

A car should draw on one's emotions and not kill it.

I still drive a 2000 CSVT....bought it used with 26k miles on it....it now has 127k and is my daily driver.

Ford should bring over the Mondeo XR5 Turrbo and/or the Falcon XR6 Turbo now that buyers are trending away from SUV's. Enthusiasts are starving for fun semi economical cars and with Ford grabbing market share it would be a good time to load the pipeline.

I hated the new TL when it came out...especially in pictures but it looks better in person....but IMO the TSX looks best...both not as attractive as previous design. RDX looks okay...wouldn't place it anywhere near the Aztek.

Car companies seem to go to the extreme one way, then gauge the reaction...in turn the following design swings back to too bland. Subaru is a good example of this....and watch what happens to Mazda 3's smiley face in the next design phase.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    A car should draw on one's emotions and not kill it.
    Actually, it seems like this car is drawing on people's emotions...anger, disappointment, boredom, confusion
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Thread Information