Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of wannabe racers

Sick of wannabe racers

I hate it when people try to race me! It is always on the straight runs. Then I tell them that I would race them on three different segments

1. straight run
    2. circuit like but with lots of turns (racing through winding roads)
    3. a sort of track race (closed off race in my friends backyard he has over 13 acres because he is a farmer)

everytime I tell them that I accept these terms they always back out. It is always the straight aways. When they back out they tailgate me until I do some crazy manuver to loss them. Some Utah wannabe fast sucks!! All their money goes into power and speed, nothing else, their steering and brakes are all stock

PS: I said SOME Utah wannabe fast suck. There are others that modify everything to make their car perfect in its own way
    I'm a real boy!

I'm learning, and I get traffic light Grand Prix challenges too. All a bunch of wankers. The last guy to try it was in this ridiculous Fiat Punto... the bodykit was a different colour to the rest of the car! His car was also dog slow, and no match for the might of my 1.1 206...

i get none of that (since everybody thinks my car is a old persons car)
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

It's always really funny when people try and race, but they completely suck at driving a manual and using a clutch to start. Usually they just bunny hop forward then bog it down completely or light up the fronts, then completely bog it down. Whilst I just move off, nicely slipping the clutch for maximum launchrOxfOOL
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

We had that a few months back. We were going to a party in a Triumph TR6 and at some traffic light this guy pulled next to us and asked if we wanted to have a little drag race. He had a VW Polo with a hideous bodykit and some noob exhaust and air filter or so. He looked cool and so because he thought he would win because the TVR looked rather rusty. Man did we kick his ass... He looked so sad at the next traffic light
    Last edited by jorismo; 10-09-2006 at 03:27 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    TVR TR6
    Triumph TR6, or a TVR 2500M with the TR6 engine?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Triumph TR6, or a TVR 2500M with the TR6 engine?
    I mean the Triumph TR6... Sorry it's a little bit to early and I haven't slept becuase I've been ill all night. Still the mistake is unforgiven...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

My previous car was an old but good condition 1970 Mercedes 280S manual on LPG

On the Monaro Highway I recall being hosed off by a new turbo Benz as we accelerated up a hill from a roundabout. Despite my best efforts the same thing happened again at the next roundabout. So at the next set of (red) traffic lights I was ready for him and literally gave it everything, max revs & race-shifts, but this other guy just breezed away from me .. AGAIN!

Want to know the worst thing about this?

The other Benz was a turbo-Diesel
    It was a Sprinter
    On the side was written 'Licensed to seat 14 passengers'

Yep it was the bus version

Quote Originally Posted by nota

On the Monaro Highway I recall being hosed off by a new turbo Benz as we accelerated up a hill from a roundabout. Despite my best efforts the same thing happened again at the next roundabout. So at the next set of (red) traffic lights I was ready for him and literally gave it everything, max revs & race-shifts, but this other guy just breezed away from me .. AGAIN!

It was a Sprinter

You should have kept this story for yourself man, your ego is now heavily damaged if not inrepairable... I would delete that post right away to overlook the damage... on the other hand you did gave me a laugh on this sad day!

It was a Sprinter

perhaps a good reason not to opt for LPG?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    on the other hand you did gave me a laugh on this sad day!
    Yeah there's no recovery or redemption for me following an admission like this one. Good for a laugh though .. after all I'm amongst friends here .. and mate sorry to hear that your day is down (?)

Yeah there's no recovery or redemption for me following an admission like this one. Good for a laugh though .. after all I'm amongst friends here .. and mate sorry to hear that your day is down (?)
    Just no sleep because some food poisining... life sucks ATM...

I generally don't race people. Only two exceptions were against:
    1) A new Holden Barina (the latest crappy Korean variety) just today. No idea why SHE wanted to race, but I suppose you can guess the result.

2) A lovely NSX a while ago. I suppose you can guess the result of that too! I knew I was going to get my ass handed to me, but I just wanted to see him go for it anyway

Some punkish idiot in a Falcon GT wanted to race me as well - He was trying to show off to his girlfriend who was most clearly scared crapless. He was fully shouting at me provoking me to race him. Decided not to race him because a) He'd probably whoop my ass even if he stalled with an engine twice the capacity of mine and b) I don't race idiots. Of course, when the lights turned green he sped off all guns blazing, while I slowly and smoothly took my time thinking to myself how much of an ass he was. *sigh* Some people are such d*cks.

Edit: Just to clarify, I absolutely condemn illegal street racing. When refer to "racing", I'm referring to only accelerating up to or only slightly above the speed limit (which with the Barina today was 100 ). Anything ridiculously higher than the speed limit is stupid and people who do that kind of thing unless it's completely safe are a liability to humanity.
    Last edited by fa22_raptor; 10-09-2006 at 07:08 AM.
    - IS250fied -

If it involves endangering the lives of innocent road users, then hit the road... but if it's in a controlled area, or at an ungodly hour, then go right ahead...

If I saw someone trying to race someone else at 3 in the afternoon, I'd call the police, but if it was 3 in the morning I'd just sit it out.

Can't wait to get a car which has enough firepower to be a serious contender at the traffic lights! My sister's boyfriend has just taken delivery of his E36 M3 saloon, so his Cosworth is sitting in the garage unloved... for now

I think it irresponsible anyway... If it was me behind the wheel that night I wouldn't have done it...

It doesn't matter what time it is, how the weather it's like or how long the driver has his license or how good he can drive. If people really want to race I think they should pay the extra buck get on a track and don't bring any others than themselfs in danger with their driving. A couple years back at our street some motherf**kers also where racing. And to give you an idea of our street: 2 lanes with each cars parked at the side. One blew his tyre, bumped into the other and they totalled 7 cars... Some people with low incomes saw their cars destroyed completely. We had the luck to have a company car and have a replacement the next day. I really hate it when people do such irresponsible things and do such things to other people. Last I heared all they got was some community service (long live the law...).

Thread Information