Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotus Elise (Series 2) 2001-

Lotus Elise 111R #10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Lotus Elise 111R #11

Lotus Elise 111R #12

Lotus Elise 111R #13

Elise Sport as ran in the Elise cup.

This pic isn't the biggest but it's too beautiful not to share.
    Elise in Japan - 1024x768

Indubidly.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

i sat in one while waiting to test drive an M3

it may be a great car but i'm just too big to fit into it.

this car comes up to my knees

Lotus Elise S (2006)

07 June 2006 NEWS RELEASE

The new Lotus Elise S : Lotus re-enters the mainstream sportscar market with a vengeance!

Lotus is back with an entry level Elise that is set to propel the Hethel based sports car manufacturer further up the sales charts. The loss of the K-series engine had temporarily created a hole in Lotus’ portfolio and its disappearance from the range was not good news for Pure sportscar lovers right across the globe.

The challenge of ‘plugging the gap’ has now been spectacularly addressed with the launch of the new Lotus Elise S – a sub 6 second 0-60 mph sportscar, available at a stunning sub £24K ‘on the road’ price.

Lotus has shoehorned in a high technology 1.8-litre 134 hp Variable Valve Timing Toyota engine, which perfectly complements the phenomenal handling characteristics of the Lotus Elise. This delivers a cracking new entry-level car, capable of taking you from 0-60 mph in just 5.8 grin-inducing seconds (0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds) and onto a top speed of 128 mph (205 km/h), law permitting!

The Lotus Elise S is built around the revolutionary and award winning extruded and bonded aluminium chassis, with a lightweight steel rear subframe. The chassis itself weighs just 68 kg (150 lbs) and has a stiffness of 9,500 Nm per degree.

The body design remains unchanged from the classic 190 hp Lotus Elise R – why change the award-winning aerodynamic package and an elegant Lotus design just for the sake of it?

The driving experience

How does just 134 hp (100 kW, 136 PS) deliver such phenomenal performance?

First of all, the maximum power output is achieved at near maximum revs (engine speed) of 6,200 rpm and maximum torque (a respectable 172 Nm, 127 lb.ft) is reached at 4,200 rpm. This gives a good combination of mid range pull but also encourages the driver to rev the engine to the maximum permitted engine speed of 6,800 rpm. A bright red LED “change-up light” tells the driver when to change gear, the point of illumination from the “red-line” variable and dependent on the gear selected.

Driving any Elise is an experience like no other – and the Elise S is no different. Few cars can match the delicacy and accuracy of the steering, throttle and brakes. Only a Lotus has the relatively soft springs and firm damping to give superb body control and a truly exhilarating ride. And only a Lotus can turn in such performance with such minimal environmental impact in terms of emissions and fuel consumption.

It’s all down to light weight

Weighing in at just 860 kg, the Lotus Elise S is not just one of the lightest fully homologated sportscars in the world, but also one of the lightest cars in the world, period!

Lightweight has benefits for acceleration, the environment, handling, ride comfort and braking.
    Braking comes from AP Racing callipers at the front and Brembo Calipers at the rear linked to 282 mm vented and cross-drilled cast iron discs – you can never call an Elise under braked!

The advanced ABS system incorporates an anti-lock system which is very unobtrusive and most drivers will not even notice that it is there – unless it is needed of course and even then, the system keeps a subtly low profile.The ABS system is linked to a lightweight pedal box with steel pedal arms and extruded aluminium pads. This unit also has an electronic (drive-by-wire) throttle for quick, smooth and more linear engine response.

Note:
    With the launch of the Elise S, the Elise 111R will become known as the Elise R. In addition to this nomenclature change, the Elise R will also feature the current Touring Pack as standard equipment. The recommended retail price of the Elise R is £28,995, with an On The Road recommended price of £29,945. For those customers who prefer their Elise R to have no Touring pack, there is the option to delete it. The Elise R is also differentiated from the Elise S through 8-spoke alloy wheels and raised LOTUS lettering on the rear.

will this make it to the us?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

i see about 4 of these a day now. madness!

There not that special a car imo

for what the elise is supposed to be it doesnt match whats it should

A scooby or fabia VRS are much better cars
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    There not that special a car imo

for what the elise is supposed to be it doesnt match whats it should

A scooby or fabia VRS are much better cars
    Sometimes you're quite a dumbass
    An Elise is on of the best and purest cars you can buy. Great value for money. It also looks absolutely stunning!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Was at the Lambo/Lotus deaership Saturday looking at a McLaren F1 and they had about 25 Elise/Exige in stock, they sell a ton of them in my area.

Lots of cool colours too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Was at the Lambo/Lotus deaership Saturday looking at a McLaren F1 and they had about 25 Elise/Exige in stock, they sell a ton of them in my area.

Lots of cool colours too.
    Any pics of the McLaren?

Thread Information