Thread: 2008 Essen Motorshow report and slideshow ...

2008 Essen Motorshow report and slideshow ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

This weekend the 2008 Essen Motorshow opened its doors to the public. Traditionally the annual show focuses on motorsport and tuning and this year was no exception. What was exceptional was the small number of major manufacturers that set up shop on the show floor. The effects of the global economic crisis were clearly felt. Nevertheless there were sufficient exhibitors to fill most of the many halls of the 'Messe Essen.' Most anticipated was Audi's annual motorsport press conference. The German company not only launched the brand new R8 LMS but also announced the development of the brand new 'R15' Le Mans racer, which will debut in March during the Sebring 12 Hours. Most of the other debuts came from specialized tuners like Techart, 9ff and Irmscher. Perhaps the most interesting of these turner cars was the Brabus tweaked Tesla Roadster. One of the modifications is a sound system that is linked to the throttle-pedal and imitates a revving internal combustion engine. A low point was the inclusion of new BMW tuner 'Brabham Racing' that abuses the name of one of racing's biggest legends. In addition to complete cars, the Essen Motorshow also includes booth after booth with after-market parts. Not all of these deserve the moniker 'tasteful.'
    As usual our photographers ventured east to the heart of Germany's industrial to capture the show in in its entirety. This has resulted in the a brief report and a 100-shot slideshow packed with all the highs and lows of the 2008 Essen Motorshow.

Enjoy the links:

2008 Essen Motorshow report and slideshow

2009 Audi R8 LMS - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The Brabham family might not be able to rectify this ridiculous situation but you can; don't buy the Brabham Racing BMWs!
    you are my man Sir

and thanks for the report
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    you are my man Sir

and thanks for the report
    HAHA! Missed that part, I just skipped the paragraph about them.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Wouter, my man, got any pics of that yellow Mito?

some more bonus pics.
    First a unidentified Corvette, second a Japanese GTR, third a Kadett C-GTE, Fourth the 630 BHP GTR by Cobra, fifth a 483 BHP supercharged Corvette by Geiger, and sixth some girls...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The pic of the modded vets and GT-Rs makes me reailse we hadn't even opened up the GT-R / Corvette debate to include tuned models. We can beat this dead horse until it's atomized. This is great news!

Mmmm. Tenderized horse meat...

What were the costumes on the girls for? Is it randomness or were they at a booth for lights or what?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

and some more from the supercar gallery and the Osram Ladies
    the Lambo P400S, the Uhlenhaut 300SLR, the Gumpert Apollo, the Osram Girls, the CAV GT40 LeMans 2007 pacecar and the Saleen lots of turbos....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nice update and thanks for the pics Henk. Business as usual guys, well done.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

What are doing those two fabulous examples of the motor industry in a show usually filled with ghastly cars done by people who have far too much spare time?

Oh and thanks for the pics.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

thanks for the very good made fotos and your visit at the GT9-R. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Kind regards Enes Canay (Designer of 9ff and the GT9-R)
    ... unlimited Fantasy ...

Enes, didn't realize you were the designer at 9ff. I remember seeing your designs on here before and thought they were fantastic. the GT9-R looks fantastic, in some ways how I woudl picture a modern 356. Thanks for showing back up here at UCP, and I'm sure you could share some interesting facts about the design process of the 9ff with us.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Canay View Post
    thanks for the very good made fotos and your visit at the GT9-R. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Kind regards Enes Canay (Designer of 9ff and the GT9-R)
    You don't happen to claim one of those as your own, do you? Cause that may win you the prestigous "Napolis Award" for this year.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Enes, didn't realize you were the designer at 9ff. I remember seeing your designs on here before and thought they were fantastic. the GT9-R looks fantastic, in some ways how I woudl picture a modern 356. Thanks for showing back up here at UCP, and I'm sure you could share some interesting facts about the design process of the 9ff with us.
    For me it is very important to see if people especially the press likes my style or not. Actually it looks like they love the design update on the car.

Yes I would love to share my design renderings with you. Actually I am at home and on the Essen Motorshow. But next Monday I will prepare my works on the design of the GT9 for you and post them.

Kind regards Enes Canay
    ... unlimited Fantasy ...

Thread Information