Thread: Kia KOUP Concept 2009

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf

Kia KOUP Concept 2009

Kia Conceptcar from 2008
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Koup #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

I'd drive it.

rofl the paddle shifters are labeled wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    rofl the paddle shifters are labeled wrong.
    Lol, good find, the shifter is VAG style to, + forward, - backwards, completly unatural.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Lol, good find, the shifter is VAG style to, + forward, - backwards, completly unatural.
    if you are used to driving a stick than that layout is much more intuitive. I have used both, and much prefer the up=down set up. ive also used the side to side in chryslers, and that just sucks. compare that with my wife, who has driven a manual very little, she finds the up=down set up to be confusing. she has that in her car, but still screws it up when she tries using it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    if you are used to driving a stick than that layout is much more intuitive. I have used both, and much prefer the up=down set up. ive also used the side to side in chryslers, and that just sucks. compare that with my wife, who has driven a manual very little, she finds the up=down set up to be confusing. she has that in her car, but still screws it up when she tries using it.
    I guess that's much more of a problem in Europe.

I always found myself doing it wrong whenever I tried it in the Audi.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I guess that's much more of a problem in Europe.

I always found myself doing it wrong whenever I tried it in the Audi.
    which way is the audi? my mother in law has the DSG on her A3, and whenever i drive it i just use the paddles. and they are done properly, right=up, left=down.

which way is the audi? my mother in law has the DSG on her A3, and whenever i drive it i just use the paddles. and they are done properly, right=up, left=down.
    The A6 didn't have paddles, you could change the gear lever. And it was, pull to downshift, push to upshift. Which was very unnatural.

The Jag has paddles, left downshift, right upshift. And it's much, much better.
    Visca Catalunya!

The A6 didn't have paddles, you could change the gear lever. And it was, pull to downshift, push to upshift. Which was very unnatural.

The Jag has paddles, left downshift, right upshift. And it's much, much better.
    yeah, for those of us that learned on a manual, and that's the principle car we drive, that style doesnt make sense. even though if you look at it logically, it should make sense.

but the paddles are such a huge plus when they are set up right.

yeah, for those of us that learned on a manual, and that's the principle car we drive, that style doesnt make sense. even though if you look at it logically, it should make sense.

but the paddles are such a huge plus when they are set up right.
    Is it more natural really? Alright so push (up) for more gears and pull (down) for less, but actually when you accelerate your body is thrown backward so it'd probably be more natural to pull to upshift and viceversa for downshifting.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is it more natural really? Alright so push (up) for more gears and pull (down) for less, but actually when you accelerate your body is thrown backward so it'd probably be more natural to pull to upshift and viceversa for downshifting.
    no no no, i am agreeing with you. pull for upshift is more natural.

im saying that a push for upshift is potentially more logical for those that havent driven a stick before.

It doesn't feel natural having the forward motion to go up a gear, i've allways prefered the much more natural, back=up a gear and front=down a gear, everytime i pick up an A4 from a friend with a DSG i try to keep it in Drive, or use the wheel padles, if i use the shifter i make a lot of wrong imputs and even start thinking if i should press forward or back during braking or accelerating.

It should allways be move forward=down a gear, move back=up a gear, in the wheel padles, right for up a gear and left for down a gear.

BMW uses this method and probably all sequential gearboxes to. Race cars alike.

I never understood why would VAG do it any other way, even Porsche with the PDK, how miserable can you get! A 'normal' motion sequential in the race GT3 but a wrong motion one in the 911.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information