Thread: "new posts" improvment request

"new posts" improvment request

I've asked for the "new posts" to work better in the past as it was a minor annoyance.

After coming back to UCP after a couple of weeks it is now VERY annoying

I got one chance to look over the actual new posts since my last visit.

I spent abotu 30 mins looking over some of the topics and now the "new posts" list only shows me new since some time eraly today. NOT the 'new' to me since the last visit.

The way "new posts" works isn't obvious as it clearly resets itself indepoendant of the users actions and there isn't a way to over ride it and see new posts from a user perspective.

Can we PLEASE get a handle on how it works - why did it 'reset' itse;f 30 mins in to a session.

Secondly, can we PLEASE get a 'better' new posts option that lets US control what is considered 'new'.

It's just painful and annoying the way it is if you've been away for any lehgth of time.

IN ADVANCE, I have to say sorry to anyone posted a new thread or reply looking for a response from me But I can't see a way to see them without manually goign through each fourm/sub-forum, which is just plain NOT gonna happen

I'm away back to the pub, life was simpler whilst I avoided hangover by staying drunk !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Good lad. Im off in 30 mins too.

thast what we want drink and feck !!!!!

Good lad.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Dont forget "Girls"!

I agree with Matra .. the new posts is much too short. Even though it doesnt matter as much to me because Im not a mod .. it would be nice to see every thread incase I miss out on a good one.

Agreed. 'Tis qoit annohying.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Yeah I don't really understand this system, could be less complicated.

Thread Information