Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Chinese Grand Prix (April 16 - 18)

I'm pretty surprised that Hamilton wasn't penalized. I was relatively ok with the reprimand for the weaving, but to do this right after is pushing things. Also Ferrari should smack Alonso for doing that to a teammate.

Still waiting for a dry race at a track other than bahrain to see if things will be interesting without rain. Was impressed with Alonso taking 4th just behind rosberg despite the massive number of pits, and the drive through penalty.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

What's the general opinion on Button's restart? Brundle seemed fairly convinced that it could be interpreted as being in breach of the rules regarding restarts, and it was certainly quite rude. Seemed odd to hold everyone up so much, not sure what he was hoping to gain from it.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Alonso did basically the same to Massa as Hamilton to Vettel (just saw it on you tube), shows how things can only get worse once you allow a driver to get away with just a reprimand after he did something wrong.

Button indeed slowed down a bit too much, but iirc back when he was at Williams in I think 2000 he got an accident right because the leader (. . . yep, the red German) slowed down quite a lot while Button was probably wondering about Saturday night's party or something. See video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da0Vn_b-s18]YouTube - Monza 2000 Restart[/ame]

Hilarious.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Alonso did basically the same to Massa as Hamilton to Vettel (just saw it on you tube), shows how things can only get worse once you allow a driver to get away with just a reprimand after he did something wrong.
    Well, hamilton deserves some sort of punishment from the FIA but at least he didn't do it to his own teammate. Although, after the race he'd been running I was sort of waiting for Hamilton to push to catch up to Button and cause an accident on the last lap or something.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    better. ( and I don't perticualrly LIKE Button )
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The reprimand was for the exit of the pit lane, not the entry. In the entry everyone cut the corner, overtaking team mates or not.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The entrance to the pit lane is legally a part of the race track and you are allowed to race and high speed until you cross the white line to enter. Vettel did squeeze Hamilton into the garages,he took the decision to use defensive race manouvers in the pit lane so why do you think he should get away scot free?
    Last edited by TheScrutineer; 04-19-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Are you suggesting Vettel shodul have moved over possibly hitting the pit lane wall ?
    It's ILLEGAL to run side-by-side, so again, is he supposed to move over to allow a clearly illegal position ?
    Nope, you can all it "unlucky timing" that hamilton and Vettel were released close together.
    BUT, it is 100% HAMILTON's RESPONSIBILITY to realise that as Vettel WAS IN THE PIT LANE then it was Hamilton's responsibiility to slow down and take up position behind him.
    It's that Hamilton kept that position for so long I find reprehensible as he was putting EVERY person in the pit lane garages from that point forward at risk.

And as for Button, didnt like him early in his career as he seemed to expect preferential treatment as "Britain's best driver" rather than earn it. I accept that may have been his publicists and managers faults, but the mud stuck.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Vettel could have just held his position in the lane and continued onto the pit exit instead of squeezing. Its hard for a driver to make the decision to penalise himself in the heat of the moment e.g backing off completely. Though, the move was pretty pointless because if he had overtaken Vettel he would have got heavily penalised.

Button seemed a bit too relaxed in his early career. I thing its amazing to think how depressed he was at Honda 2 years ago, now look how things have changed.
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNA_VaSV50]YouTube - Hamilton Vettel Pit lane Incident[/ame]
    at the end
    (crappy quality)
    Vettle DID just "Hold his position".
    Hamilton is fish tailing it and then rather than accept he was BEHIND Vettel - coz clearly after Hamiltons spinning the rears he's lost it - he tries to "Muscle" in.
    Sorry, you cna't BE side-by-side. Vettle didnt' "move" he jsut stayed his ground and given that there is a big fecking concrete wall on your left I'd do the same.
    Hamilton's was a d*ck and should be punished.
    His "entrance" was equally WRONG. Vettel is within the white lines of the pit entry, Hamilton wasn't and cut in.
    If he doesn't get slapped and reminded how a professional driver is supposed to ac then Hamilton is going to be remembered as the Schumacher of this generation - without the clear skills to back it up.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Are you suggesting Vettel shodul have moved over possibly hitting the pit lane wall ?
    It's ILLEGAL to run side-by-side, so again, is he supposed to move over to allow a clearly illegal position ?
    Nope, you can all it "unlucky timing" that hamilton and Vettel were released close together.
    BUT, it is 100% HAMILTON's RESPONSIBILITY to realise that as Vettel WAS IN THE PIT LANE then it was Hamilton's responsibiility to slow down and take up position behind him.
    It's that Hamilton kept that position for so long I find reprehensible as he was putting EVERY person in the pit lane garages from that point forward at risk.

And as for Button, didnt like him early in his career as he seemed to expect preferential treatment as "Britain's best driver" rather than earn it. I accept that may have been his publicists and managers faults, but the mud stuck.
    Agreed on all points.

It seems to me from viewing the last two races that Hamilton should learn that just because he is capable of doing certain things in the car doesn't mean he should do them.

I would have a serious talk with him and instruct him to calm down because he is becoming a high risk driver, extremely talented, but dangerous.

i remember in canada 08 when hamilton chose to hit the back of kimi raikkonen's car in the pit lane.
    that is basically the same attitude, plus he got away with that too.

im excpecting more of the same, especially with alonso as the season unfolds

Vettle didnt' "move" he jsut stayed his ground and given that there is a big fecking concrete wall on your left I'd do the same.
    Hamilton's was a d*ck and should be punished.
    No. Maybe due to it's quality that video doesn't show it very well, but Vettel did significantly steer to the right pushing Hamilton towards the pit boxes. I agree that Hamilton should have been given a proper punishment, that's obvious. But in my view a warning for Vettel was in place.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyodQblymf8"]Vettel vs Hamilton pitstop overtake[/ame]

If you are in that blue lane, which Hamilton was, you are to yield to the other car. Since there is only one pitlane max speed Vettel couldn't speed up, it's up to Hamilton to slow down...he shouldn't even have been beside Vettel IMO.

It's true that they both wanted the position equally bad...and Vettel made sure Hamilton stayed in the blue lane...but it was already Vettel's position, Hamilton was wrong to even press the issue and that's where he needs a talking.

MUCH better quality.
    CLEARLY showing how far behind Vettel, Hamlton actually was and how much time he had to consider the safety adn take the proper action.
    If Hamilton had got away with his cheating and Vettel had given the space then Hamlton would have had the inside line on the exit.
    Vettel didnt' make a fast movement and is well within his rights to have done what he did.
    Hamilton however is a cheating little t*rd -- and I used to like this guy for his racing skills.
    He's now acting a spolied brat and the sooner Button dominates him with DRIVING the better.
    He coudl do with being pushed out to Force India for a season or 2 to learn driver behaviour which he's getting away with by virtue of the car/team he's in

Thread Information