Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011-

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN View Post
    It's a great looking supercar, no doubt about it, but to be perfectly honest I can't help but feel there's something missing.
    From some angles it looks spectacular but from others it just looks too "familiar" and even a bit unexciting.
    "Familiar" The Reventon mabe, in one way i'm disapointed that they kind of copyed the Reventon but then i think, why not, why would you not make your new car look a bit like the Reventon when the Reventon look so good. I think it look better than the reventon, and the engine is my favouit, 6.5l V12 and 690 bhp thats impressive, and the weight,well lack of it. Like i said you have to respect Lambo.
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 05-23-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

isn't it owned by AUDI now? that is probably why it has similarities to the Gallardo and Murciélago

The only thing I would change about it is putting in a proper manual 6 speed gearbox. The flappy paddle is cool and all, but id rather shift it like a normal standard transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    isn't it owned by AUDI now? that is probably why it has similarities to the Gallardo and Murciélago
    There I was thinking they might look similar because all three were made by the same manufacturer.

Thank you for putting me out of my error.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    "Familiar" The Reventon mabe, in one way i'm disapointed that they kind of copyed the Reventon but then i think, why not, why would you not make your new car look a bit like the Reventon when the Reventon look so good. I think it look better than the reventon, and the engine is my favouit, 6.5l V12 and 690 bhp thats impressive, and the weight,well lack of it. Like i said you have to respect Lambo.
    Actually, I spot more Gallardo than Reventon, and that's my main problem with it. The flagship Lambo shouldn't keep reminding me of the "baby" Lambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There I was thinking they might look similar because all three were made by the same manufacturer.

Thank you for putting me out of my error.
    Tut. It was such confusion until put right, I too was confused.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    The only thing I would change about it is putting in a proper manual 6 speed gearbox. The flappy paddle is cool and all, but id rather shift it like a normal standard transmission.
    Don't get me wrong i do prefer manual gearboxes over Flappy paddle stuf. The thing is that the Aventador has the perfect resapy for a fast 0-60, and Lambo has taken that and made it so fast at 0-60, it has lots of power, it's 4WD, it's a light car and it's got a very good gearbox, the gearbox is very fast at changing gear so it helps 0-60. But if you had a proper manual it would be slower at 0-60 and even though i prefer a manual that would be a shame. It would be stupid for lambo to creat a great car which has all the right resapy for a fast 0-60 time and then let it down by putting a manual gearbox in it. Also, i may be wronge, a Manual gearbox may not be able to cope with the power as well, espesaly such a fast and revy engine.

I prefer a good manual gearbox over a flapy paddle things but in some car i think it's a good thing that they have double clutch flappy paddle gearbox.

I may be completly wronge please corect me if i am but this is what i think.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Were you trying to spell recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    Don't get me wrong i do prefer manual gearboxes over Flappy paddle stuf. The thing is that the Aventador has the perfect resapy for a fast 0-60, and Lambo has taken that and made it so fast at 0-60, it has lots of power, it's 4WD, it's a light car and it's got a very good gearbox, the gearbox is very fast at changing gear so it helps 0-60. But if you had a proper manual it would be slower at 0-60 and even though i prefer a manual that would be a shame. It would be stupid for lambo to creat a great car which has all the right resapy for a fast 0-60 time and then let it down by putting a manual gearbox in it. Also, i may be wronge, a Manual gearbox may not be able to cope with the power as well, espesaly such a fast and revy engine.

I prefer a good manual gearbox over a flapy paddle things but in some car i think it's a good thing that they have double clutch flappy paddle gearbox.

I may be completly wronge please corect me if i am but this is what i think.
    Oy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Probably.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Yes, sory i can't spell
    — Jeremy Clarkson

How the Aventador got its name:

[Source]
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    How the Aventador got its name
    Had a good laugh at the office, thanks!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

1000th Aventador

A milestone for Automobili Lamborghini: 1,000 Aventadors produced

The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 today achieved an important milestone in its history, with the 1,000th vehicle produced. The Argos Orange vehicle with chassis number 1,000 rolled off the assembly line, destined for Germany. Its new owner, Hans Scheidecker, received the keys today from Automobili Lamborghini President and CEO, Stephan Winkelmann. The Bavarian architect is a passionate Lamborghini customer, already owning a Lamborghini Diablo.

The Sant’ Agata Bolognese plant’s productivity has noticeably increased for the Aventador LP 700-4 compared to the previous flagship model: the Murciélago took two years and five months before the 1,000th example rolled off the assembly line. Launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2001, the Murciélago reached the 1,000-vehicle milestone in February 2004. The Aventador has taken just one year and three months, with production increasing from three vehicles a day in Q3 2011 to 4.5 today.

This production milestone is not the only accolade for the V12 super sports car from Sant’ Agata Bolognese. Indeed, little more than a year from its official debut, the Aventador has been crowned queen of the super sports cars with no less than 36 international prizes for its design and innovative technological solutions. The success of the Aventador is also demonstrated by its order book, which continues to cover the next 18 months of production.
    + Winter Lamborghini Academy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (967.5 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (974.6 KB, 16 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (359.5 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (337.9 KB, 16 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (430.2 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (272.8 KB, 25 views)

Thread Information