Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lexus LFA 2010-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

The DB9 manual is 189.580€ here and the DBS manual 276.830€. So basically the base V12 Aston costs almost half as much as the Lexus. Altough they are very different cars aimed at different markets.
    Not really. The worldwide market of people who can afford and want a sports car that costs over 200,000 Euros/$ is pretty small. Thought the purpose and philosophy behind the cars is very different, the relatively small group of potential customers is the same. And frankly I'd rather have the looks and the pedigree of a DBS or a 599. It's one thing to branch out and try the IS-F over the M3 Sedan or C63, because the Lexus is comparably priced and runs in that market, but who's going to spend 1/3 more on a sports car from a who's marques is known for making luxury cars favored by senior citizens?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I doubt it's an NSX. The NSX seems so much more pure than this. The flappy paddle gearbox is a big turnoff.
    Get used to that. Even the aforementioned Pagani Zonda won't have the manual anymore. At first it seemed it was going to be an option for those who didn't want the usuall flappy thing, now it seems they gearbox will be only one, and not what I'd like. Customers rule I suppose...

Haha, I might not do so well on my Bio exam today too.

And on a side not, has anyone looked at the configurator for this car? There are some interesting exterior colors for this car. Mint green would be one of my more favorite unorthodox colors.
    Of course I did.
    Dark blue, red calipers, gray wheels (the mid tone).
    Blue and red interior, with dark metal finish.

Om nomnomomnom.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I confirm.

Of course there are well made Italians cars (. . . Pagani, then. . .), but that's like Leonardo being Italian. He was a genius, but that doesn't mean we all are.
    (and by saying so, I may add I just received a 23/30 on today's exam)
    No, no, your cars are still great. Just that it takes a different approach to truly appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Not really. The worldwide market of people who can afford and want a sports car that costs over 200,000 Euros/$ is pretty small. Thought the purpose and philosophy behind the cars is very different, the relatively small group of potential customers is the same. And frankly I'd rather have the looks and the pedigree of a DBS or a 599. It's one thing to branch out and try the IS-F over the M3 Sedan or C63, because the Lexus is comparably priced and runs in that market, but who's going to spend 1/3 more on a sports car from a who's marques is known for making luxury cars favored by senior citizens?
    That is true. Altough Pagani came from nowhere and their here to stay apparently.

The main problem isn't that the badge isn't right, the main problem is what IB4R describes.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

380.000€ they are idiots.

first "review", even if quite pointless as that's a pre-production cars, many things aren't already finished and it will still be a long way before the car hit the showrooms at the end of 2010.
    well, enjoy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcVHmv43f-s&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Autocar meets the Lexus LFA[/ame]
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Top Gear just tested this in the last ep....sounds glorious, seems to be more expensive in UK 340K GBP, I thought its 375K USD....

Too bad they gave it a shoddy run in the wet....or I think it'll be interesting to see how it fairs outright....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Top Gear just tested this in the last ep....sounds glorious, seems to be more expensive in UK 340K GBP, I thought its 375K USD....

Too bad they gave it a shoddy run in the wet....or I think it'll be interesting to see how it fairs outright....
    What is it with Top Gear and their track times? I mean, I really want serious times, can't they schedule around rain...? I mean, obviously the validity of Top Gear is questionable, but to be really comparable, tracks obviously need to be dry. Or what they could do is wet the track from now on to make it all fair.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the scheduling with car makers- obviously they're not going to let you spend 1 month flogging a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo when they could go sell it for actual money. Do the manufacturers actually get paid by Top Gear to let them use their cars, or is it the opposite, where the manufacturers see it as an advertising opportunity but are only willing to let them have it for an hour or so?

Advertising opportunity. Worldwide.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Top Gear has appeal far reaching beyond the traditional enthusiast.

I mean, the 4 girls I work with watch it. and they drive a Ford Festiva, Mazda 3, a Toyota Rav4 and the Bus respectively.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i don't think lexus have quite got it right with this car, imo anyway, but damn it's nice of them to give it a try.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I love it, pricewise it may not make a lot of sence but i can't help to feel that this is much more special than a 'common' Ferrari or Lamborghini. If i had that kind of cash i'd buy one, everything is special with it, from the outside to the inside, the engine, the gearbox and that sound alone can make it worthwhile.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Advertising opportunity. Worldwide.
    Does Lexus really need it though? They're probably all spoken for.

Does Lexus really need it though? They're probably all spoken for.
    It's a halo car - it may help consumers become more accepting of Lexus as a legitimate manufacturer of performance cars. The LFA on Top Gear in the eyes of Lexus is an opportunity for them to sell more IS F's and potential future F cars.

It might have made more sense if Toyota had run their F1 team as 'Lexus' instead as far as marketing a supercar....then again you wouldn't want your supercar to perform as poorly as their F1 cars did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It's a halo car - it may help consumers become more accepting of Lexus as a legitimate manufacturer of performance cars. The LFA on Top Gear in the eyes of Lexus is an opportunity for them to sell more IS F's and potential future F cars.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    It might have made more sense if Toyota had run their F1 team as 'Lexus' instead as far as marketing a supercar....then again you wouldn't want your supercar to perform as poorly as their F1 cars did.
    Yeah, mega fail on that part. I think Honda did better than Toyota, and Honda did pretty terribly in F1 too.

Thread Information