Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6138

Thread: Music - Right now?

Saute sur ma musique-Cuizinier

Solaris-Hullámok
    (Solaris 1990)
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Bob Marley- I shot the sheriff
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Genesis-One For The Vine
    (Wind And Wuthering)
    I saw Phil Collins solo album on Classic Albums earlier on in the week and to be honest it didn't seem too good. Is his work with Genesis better?

Sail Away - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Bombshell Rocks - From Here And On
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I saw Phil Collins solo album on Classic Albums earlier on in the week and to be honest it didn't seem too good. Is his work with Genesis better?

Sail Away - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
    It depends. Genesis started out with Peter Gabriel (vocals), Mike Rutherford (bass & rythm guitars) and Tony Banks (keyboards) in the late sixties, and with unimportant backup musicians, they recorded a decent concept album of the Bible. They sacked a few backups, got better and recorded 'Trespass'. Then they replaced drummer and guitarist with Phil Collins and Steve Hackett, respectively, and recorded 5 MIND BLOWING albums, one incredible live album, and a series of exulted tours, one of which featured the whole of the genius 'Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' which was released in a box set a few years back; 'Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Live, Seling England By The Pound, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.' Those 5 albums are often known as the epitomous prog albums. I would highly recommend you buy the 'Live' album, it's a nice place to start off plus I have an extremely rare recording of the unreleased version of 'Supper's Ready,' the 24 minute song from the same concert excluded from American vinyls. After Gabriel left following LLDOB, the much overlooked next four transitional albums (marking their slow departure from prog to pop) were still extremely good and very refined. 'A Trick Of The Tail' remains their best work, 'Wind And Wuthering' compareable, 'And Then There Were Three' still good but obviously different from previous recordings and 'Duke' a wonderful swansong for the former prog group. 'Abacab,' released two years after, is a steaming pile of camel feces slathered in alpaca saliva. Everything recorded after that sucks and should never be heard by anyone ever. Phil Collins' solo career is even worse and should never be compared with the Genesis of the 1970s.

On 'Duke,' the band split up a 28 minute long song and scattered it over the album so it
    A)Would'nt be compared to their often considered masterpiece 'Supper's Ready' and
    B)Could be sold in single format

This is the whole of the Duke suite performed live. I recommend you listen to the whole thing; while it's not exactly representative of the Genesis catalague, it's a fine example of Genesis being in tune with both pop and prog as to refine their style so much as to create a beautifully simple yet elabourate piece of epic proportions.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQlTDWPVy...genesis%20duke
    (Note Phil conquering both drums and vocals )

Here you'll find a complete Genesis biography and discography, complete with reviews and free full length MP3s.

Anyway,
    SIGUR RÓS-Starálfur
    Ágćtis Byrjun
    Last edited by Esperante; 04-21-2006 at 09:28 PM.

Wow, thanks for that. I'm about 5 minutes into that Genesis video and i'm yet to be impressed by it frankly, just seems alot too poppy. It seems to be getting better though.

Duke Suite - Genesis

Motörhead - Tales Of Glory

Start me up - The Rolling Stones

Oh Esperante I ended up really quite liking that Duke Suite! Once I got to understand the music a bit I kind of got it.

gary jules - mad world
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone) - Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Start me up - The Rolling Stones

Oh Esperante I ended up really quite liking that Duke Suite! Once I got to understand the music a bit I kind of got it.
    I'm glad you like it. Like I said, this is the best of Genesis at pop, you should listen to some of their even earlier stuff. I bought 'A Trick Of The Tail' in May last year and was so turned off by it at first that I never got into it until mid July and loved it so much by the end of August that I bought most of their discography. They take a while to get used to.

Coldplay - In my place.

Oasis - Snakebite

Thread Information