Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you....

If you....

Lets say you are given a large amout of money to create your own racing series what would it be
    for example I would create a a formula 1 style race car powered by diesel engines that way the races would be longer and the strategy would have to do that much with the pits tell me your ideas
    ________
    APARTMENT FOR SALE PATTAYA
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    to create a convertible racing le mans series..they have to battle outdoor and indoor weather, test the driver's ability not only on the track but resistance to cold, wet, etc. The drivers have unlimited changes, they only have to change when they're beat down, less changes is therefore an advantage..

The second would be rally style on ice only with all cars on the track at the same time...this would be intense and incredible fun to watch as they understeer into each other and ditches..:P
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower
    The second would be rally style on ice only with all cars on the track at the same time...this would be intense and incredible fun to watch as they understeer into each other and ditches..:P
    You mean like ice racing already is?

I'd like a series that emphasizes fuel economy as much as speed. This will bring about faster development and evolution in hybrid and battery technologies, having the additional racing budgets to draw upon.

All cars run for 12 or 24 hours and the winner is chosen by a formula that takes into account; distance traveled, average speed and fuel consumed.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

i am a fan of perfadv's idea.

personally i would make a rally series unrestricted, the pinicle of off road technology, just like F1 used to be for the road.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I'd like a series that emphasizes fuel economy as much as speed. This will bring about faster development and evolution in hybrid and battery technologies, having the additional racing budgets to draw upon.

All cars run for 12 or 24 hours and the winner is chosen by a formula that takes into account; distance traveled, average speed and fuel consumed.
    Zytek is making the 06S a hybrid electric

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Zytek is making the 06S a hybrid electric
    Very interesting!

What type of battery packs, do you know? It's going to be a porker, chewing up tires, with today's heavy NiMH batteries.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i am a fan of perfadv's idea.

personally i would make a rally series unrestricted, the pinicle of off road technology, just like F1 used to be for the road.
    Like Group B only more dangerous? It'd never happen, just due to the danger involved.

Also, I'd get The Historic People Carrier Racing Championship going.

I recon someone should start a series where the only rules for the vehicles that the vehicle must have an internal combustion engine and 4 wheels. Then it would race on the same circuits as the Grand Prix. Would really see how far we can go in terms of car performance. You'd get various different aerodynamic designs meaning more variety ... different engines ... different noises. Would be a laugh Safety? who cares?!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    Like Group B only more dangerous? It'd never happen, just due to the danger involved.
    He mentioned the pinacle of off-road technology.

You see what GrB was about was going as fast as possible through corners with lightweight, therefore minimal safety standard, cars.

The pinnacle would probably be one of I, Robot's Audi RSQs with titanium rollcages

But hell, bring group B back

BTW, tehre was PLENTY of safety standards in GroupB cars.
    They had roll cages as strong as modern competition cars.
    Just they got to speeds FAR in excess on classic stages which made it MUCH more dangerous.
    Modern rallying is partly safer because the rallies are shorter stages, lower agverage stage times and no LONG events.
    It's not fair to blame the CAR it was the formula and events that made the car more dangerous.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

3 words- International Minivan championship. Toyota VS. Nissan Vs. Honda Vs. Ford Vs. whoever makes vans, or MPV as they call it in Europe on tracks such as the Nurburgring.

or a series for highly modified street cars, with no restrictions on a road course.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    or a series for highly modified street cars, with no restrictions on a road course.
    If I'm not terribly wrong there where a series like this in Norway last year.

i'd make courses for f-1 cars with the incredible amounts of downforce that included track features such as cork screws and loop the loops!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information