Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - E3 Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    I want a Koenigsegg CCXR engine in an original Mini or I wont be happy
    Well... life isn't always fair- I want a Enzo Ferrari engine in a Fiat 500, but you don't see me bitching about it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    I read a large article about this in Car and Driver.

The employees making the game literally live at work so much has been put into this to make it realistic. Theres no damage though because the creator doesn't want to add something that cannot be made realistic.
    I read that to, the dude is obsessed with making the cars look photorealistic...it used to take them 30 days to make one car now it takes 180.

Still no realistic damage model though, so all that time they're spending is on just a shell and physics. Which means it will still be second rate as far as being a realistic simulator. Far less cars than was in GT4 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I read that to, the dude is obsessed with making the cars look photorealistic...it used to take them 30 days to make one car now it takes 180.
    i'd have rathered they lost that nth degree of realistic visuals and focussed on physics and handling... will they have a in car view?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'd have rathered they lost that nth degree of realistic visuals and focussed on physics and handling... will they have a in car view?
    The article was more about the laborious effort of making the game rather than game features...so no...they didn't mention that...only the ooh and ahh graphics factors which sell console games.

The article was more about the laborious effort of making the game rather than game features...so no...they didn't mention that...only
    cheers. i guess at the moment i don't see it as being better than forza physics wise, let alone a pc sim
    ...only the ooh and ahh graphics factors which sell console games.
    haha harsh
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I read a large article about this in Car and Driver.

The employees making the game literally live at work so much has been put into this to make it realistic. Theres no damage though because the creator doesn't want to add something that cannot be made realistic.
    Damage is currently being worked on for the race cars as KY reported to a French interview. As for the road cars, damage probably won't make it. However, he said it's still being worked on and may be released as an add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Yes. They are modelling all the interiors which means in the replay you can see what your opponents see. All 7 of them.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

In car view = me buying cheap PS3...

Remind me what the advantages are of the 60gb over the 20gb if im just playing games...?

Remind me what the advantages are of the 60gb over the 20gb if im just playing games...?
    I believe the 20Gb is being discontinued after this month.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

This is absolutely stunning. If the game really looks like that then I fear my social life will be hurt a heck lot!

As for damages and engine swapping, I'll keep that for Forza 2 and I'll enjoy the incredible details and graphics of GT5. With those two games and their respective strong points I'll be a happy man.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Type B video released. I'll let you guys find out for yourself.
    http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4125_1_en.html
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Oh my God... I ACTUALLY sat there with my mouth open the whole time through that... the R8 at the start caught me completely off guard, it looked soooo damn real! And is it just me, or have they blown the cover off the new Skyline front (even though we all saw it in the concept car).

That looked incredible.
    Porsche!

They might have. After all, 1 of the GT-R's first press photos (where it's on the track with its front and side showing), was actually a Polyphony creation.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

It's all very pretty, i have a ps2 and have played all of the gt series games, but gt needs to evolve in playability, graphics are all nice and dandy, but i want more! i want a visual gt5 with the possibilities of forza 2, i want a 20 car race, i'm going to be watching the road not looking at the car, they should have spent less days modeling and more days thinking on new "tricks" for the game.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    It's all very pretty, i have a ps2 and have played all of the gt series games, but gt needs to evolve in playability, graphics are all nice and dandy, but i want more! i want a visual gt5 with the possibilities of forza 2, i want a 20 car race, i'm going to be watching the road not looking at the car, they should have spent less days modeling and more days thinking on new "tricks" for the game.
    And 16 is not close enough?

We've only seen the first of GT5:P. In the upcoming months, more should be shown. Patience til' then.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

None I don't think, just less space to download with.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    How many cars per race are in Forza 2?

Thread Information