Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Nordschleife for GTR2

New Nordschleife for GTR2

This is a new track, not the old converted one which looked like 1980's graphics.

Three versions, VLN, 24 Hour and Tourist.

The only thing I missed about playing GT4 which was driving the 'ring is now history!

http://www.no-grip.net/details.php?filenr=1883

Guest Guest
    as much as i hate GTR2 and Race, i think this makes it worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    as much as i hate GTR2 and Race, i think this makes it worth it!
    Why do you hate them?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Guest Guest
    well, hate is a bit strong, i am not a big fan of GTR and Race because of the huge slip angle problems and the way the tyre slip graphs appear to be made up, and have been shortcutted to the detriment of their realism

well, hate is a bit strong, i am not a big fan of GTR and Race because of the huge slip angle problems and the way the tyre slip graphs appear to be made up, and have been shortcutted to the detriment of their realism
    This makes little sense?!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

If you let such trivial things spoil things for you in life you're never going to enjoy anything. Aren't you being a wee bit anal?

Guest Guest
    ah, yes, let me try to explain better

most games take values of what a tyres does from a "slip curve graph" - this is always an area where accuracy is required, however there are some big anomlys in GTR2's, and they use the same graph for Longitudinal and Latituinal slip, which is a recipe for disaster due to the difference in loading

EDIT - Anal, yes. But i prefer realistic sims, nK Pro and LFS do it more than GTR does, if i were to want something less realistic (to me!) i would play NFS

most games take values of what a tyres does from a "slip curve graph" - this is always an area where accuracy is required, however there are some big anomlys in GTR2's, and they use the same graph for Longitudinal and Latituinal slip, which is a recipe for disaster due to the difference in loading
    Where would this problem show then? I have no such problems.

(Ted Joans)

EDIT - Anal, yes. But i prefer realistic sims, nK Pro and LFS do it more than GTR does, if i were to want something less realistic (to me!) i would play NFS
    I'm half way through a race season and no disasters yet.

Let's just cut to the bone and admit that you suck at GTR2 just like you did a GTR1...that way you don't have to come up with these inane excuses about physics you don't like.

there is a fine line between bad player and bad physics.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    there is a fine line between bad player and bad physics.
    If you don't know what you are talking about, you might just as well not post.

(Ted Joans)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I'm half way through a race season and no disasters yet.
    i meant that your loosing a lot of information, and it really does affect the way cars handle because the devs couldnt be bothered to make a seperate slip curve - because of this its made another flaw

i meant that your loosing a lot of information, and it really does affect the way cars handle because the devs couldnt be bothered to make a seperate slip curve - because of this its made another flaw
    How would we notice?

(Ted Joans)

Beat me to it Wouter. Yes, how would we notice the "problem" when maybe 2-3 people on this forum have been the only ones to drive an FIA GT car?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information