Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 62.50%
  • no

3 37.50%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New racing and exotic based car club

Didn't help googling with my typo ( now fixed )

The North Loop 8.2km "track" at Nurburgring.

RSR will RENT you a 997 GT3 cup car for the day for $2500 for you to play with --- fully insured
    Friend will do ex-works Suzuki swifts for 1/10th that and capable of beating "ordinary" Porsches
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

FastDriver,
    Please keep the attitude down. As I said, you seem to have very sketchy research. You showed that you are quick to claim knowledge yet unwilling to admit error in your which car was first thread.

Here you again seem to be quick to select what you think is a correct course of action then get flippant with those who dare to question your approach.

Perhaps we could ask an alternative question. How much track driving experience do you have and in what types of cars?

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    FastDriver,
    Please keep the attitude down. As I said, you seem to have very sketchy research. You showed that you are quick to claim knowledge yet unwilling to admit error in your which car was first thread.

Here you again seem to be quick to select what you think is a correct course of action then get flippant with those who dare to question your approach.

Perhaps we could ask an alternative question. How much track driving experience do you have and in what types of cars?
    Ive only driven on small kart tracks, but this car club was suggested by someone else, not me. And I never said I was going to join, I only said I would like to... It is no where near where I would want to live so it wouldn't work for me. I don't know why you think I am making rash decisions, I haven't even commited to anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Didn't help googling with my typo ( now fixed )

The North Loop 8.2km "track" at Nurburgring.

RSR will RENT you a 997 GT3 cup car for the day for $2500 for you to play with --- fully insured
    Friend will do ex-works Suzuki swifts for 1/10th that and capable of beating "ordinary" Porsches
    well again, in america that doesn't help me. I am still looking online for a good track and car club like the one suggested in NY.

KNow you're now sensibly researching it ... but cheap flights and accomodation always available. Dont be too parochial about getting the "best"
    I'm trying to sort out an Aussie "tour" for a few years now to take in Targa Tasmania and Mount Panorama .... and a few others from suggestions given to me be our antipodean friends here
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

my wife really likes Florida, and I wouldn't entirely object to living in the Daytona Beach area, which is close by to Daytona International speedway, that could be a fun track considering they have the Rolex 24 hour race there... but i still want to find an exotic non specfic car club that allows multiple make and modles, I am looking still... If I don't find one in the general area, I may just make one and see what the track times are for Daytona...

it's much easier, and probably more important for the sport, to start up a budget race series imo.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There are many budget racing series. The hard part is making a good one. I've written on this topic in the past.

ive looked all night, all the exotic car clubs im finding are just places that want me to rent their cars... it is really annoying. there has to be some out there...

what are you googling ?
    -- Track Days - Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club, Inc.

downside is the main term we use "trackday" seems to be used in the US for BIKES and so can hook you up lots of clubs who run trackdays if you swap to 2 wheels ... all courtesy of google.

( Look on this as a good thing, it will build research skills you'll want when you harden up your ideas for tyour own for the future )

Realise it's difficult if you're finding sites blocked by "the man" But keep trying !"!!

Don't you have a bit too much spare time, being in Iraq I mean?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it is peaceful down there right now. Don't you remember GWB annouced that about six weeks after the invasion started?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    my wife really likes Florida, and I wouldn't entirely object to living in the Daytona Beach area, which is close by to Daytona International speedway, that could be a fun track considering they have the Rolex 24 hour race there... but i still want to find an exotic non specfic car club that allows multiple make and modles, I am looking still... If I don't find one in the general area, I may just make one and see what the track times are for Daytona...
    You also have Sebring and West Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it is peaceful down there right now. Don't you remember GWB annouced that about six weeks after the invasion started?
    Absolutely.
    I've recently seen a movie on that (not based on true facts that I know of, but surely inspired by).
    Green Zone.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Must have, i mean 132 post in 4 days, that's alot.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information