Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota GT86 - OFFICIAL PICTURES & INFO

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Honestly I don't like the design. The car itself seems neat, I like the specs, but the design feels really forced. It feels like lots of gimmicky shapes tacked on because they didn't feel inspired. The Subaru version looks much better in my opinion.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I, unlike everybody else, find the styling very disappointing... The Celica looked good when it came out, and it's no different now. There really is nothing special to look at about this car. It might as well be a Camry/Corolla Coupe.

The interior is hugely disappointing too. Honda makes incredibly stylish interiors for their cars. The FT-86 concept had an incredible interior too. One would expect a highly anticipated car like this would have a suitably modern interior, but no. It looks surprisingly like those Porsche interior back 2 generations, and they are some of the ugliest interiors ever designed.

I'm sure the car will drive fast and well, but it's just too disappointing to look at in my view.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I dunno, I kinda like the 80sness of the LED number displays and whatnot.. which I guess is the point, what with the whole '86' thing. Also the original 86 was a Corolla coupe in some markets, so.. I guess there's that arguement too.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Subaru BRZ: This is it

Subaru version....looks largely the same(including the wheels, which is kinda odd). Different front bumper/grille treatment(arguably cleaner looking). No goofy "86-Boxer" badge, replaced with a vent, back end is largely the same...

No words on powertrain differences, if any...
    More info including weight (1220kg) and tyres (215/45-17).

Subaru debuts production BRZ sport coupe

By the way, I don't think styling is important at all in cars like these.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It lost a lot of good design ideias from the first concept, they really toned it down.

Do like the size, im guessing close to MX5 size, the weight, brilliant.

Do noto like, height, the way the design was brought to late 2000 looks, small details like where the side vents were, and are now covered, afterthougt clearly. Worst of all is the 90s inside.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

BRZ looks better in the nose area IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I, unlike everybody else, find the styling very disappointing... The Celica looked good when it came out, and it's no different now. There really is nothing special to look at about this car. It might as well be a Camry/Corolla Coupe.

The interior is hugely disappointing too. Honda makes incredibly stylish interiors for their cars. The FT-86 concept had an incredible interior too. One would expect a highly anticipated car like this would have a suitably modern interior, but no. It looks surprisingly like those Porsche interior back 2 generations, and they are some of the ugliest interiors ever designed.

I'm sure the car will drive fast and well, but it's just too disappointing to look at in my view.
    Which generation Celica are you talking about?

The original RWD ones or the later FWD ones or the 4WD ones in between?

I really liked the early Celicas, or Supra-Celicas, I think that's what they're called.

Personally, I don't mind the interior at all. Actually, I think Honda interiors are overstyled and use too much plastic and gimmicks.

A functional interior is all I need, although I sort of miss using the key. Why use a start button?

I'm not too familiar with Toyotas to be specific about which generation Celica, but the latest 2 generations of Celicas are quite stylish in my view.

Compared to most non-Japanese cars, Honda interiors are overstyled no doubt, but their design very much reflects the hi-tech nature of Japan as a country, and for that, I think they look fantastic. Same scenario with the LFA, looks extremely hi-tech... and it is XD

And Pimento is right too, the original AE86 was a corolla coupe, but after all the hype, and concepts, I expected the car to look amazing, and well I know Toyota can make a great looking car, pity this isn't one.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

By the way, I don't think styling is important at all in cars like these.
    Unfortunately, you spend more time of your life out of the car instead of driving it, i'd like to have something in my driveway that didn't make me sad every time i looked out my window or every time i tried to find it in a parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Unfortunately, you spend more time of your life out of the car instead of driving it, i'd like to have something in my driveway that didn't make me sad every time i looked out my window or every time i tried to find it in a parking lot
    Nah you see, unless it is catastrophically, Aztek-like, ugly I don't care.

And this doesn't look like an Aztek at all.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like the Aztek.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Scion version, the FR-S:
    VWVortex.com - Scion fr-s officially revealed!!

Scion FR-S: First live photos and details

Looks the same, with the same goofy 86-Boxer logo and the pointy GT86 front, minus some trim detail. Smaller exhaust tips, interior got neutered(no auto climate control, touchscreen audio, or push button start). Hopefully the positive being it'll be a lot cheaper than BR-Z....since mechanically they seems to be the same(unless they start doing crap like making LSD an option or something), the cheapest one might be the one to get...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

So two basically identical cars with different badges sold off the same lot.

Here's a fluff vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eP3SR1m_aRY

All that will actually matter is which one is the cheapest (or you can get for the least amount of money...).
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    All that will actually matter is which one is the cheapest (or you can get for the least amount of money...).
    Never discount those that can't let go of 'their brand'.

Thread Information