Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2007 Audi Q7 V12 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    ever heard of the BRm-Rover and the Howmet TX?
    Once again, I'm not very keen on Le Mans races. But I know that diesel cars are unfairly favored since Peugeot and Audi's lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Once again, I'm not very keen on Le Mans races. But I know that diesel cars are unfairly favored since Peugeot and Audi's lobby.
    No they are unfairly favoured because the ACO underestimated the potential of diesel engines.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-13-2006 at 04:22 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    BTCC is apparently quite competetive in the touring car world
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Extremely.
    V8 Supercars > BTCC
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

DTM has kind of got the touring car market cornered, as far as speed goes.

Of course, I live in the states, where to actually see anything other than NASCAR I'd have to run a cable from my TV, across the Atlantic, and under Mr. Kipling's door.

We could go both ways on it, you know. That damn NASCAR is on pretty much 24/7. Talk about bearing no relation to streetcars... If the cars competing in NASCAR didn't have headlight and grill stickers slapped on, they would all be indistinguishable from each other. And they all run the same engine, which has been, for all practical purposes, unchanged since 1950.

Speedvision used to have good international programming, but they've gone all NASCAR too.

I don't think BTCC (basically production cars, 2.0L 300 bhp); V8 Supercars (600bhp monsters); DTM (single seaters with a car body plonked on top) and NASCAR (1000bhp push-rod driven bodied rollcages) are really comparable.

They all have their own charm... from the total aggression of BTCC, the flame-spitting madness of the V8s and the speed of DTM to the tactics of NASCAR... I like all of them, even NASCAR I'm getting the hang of.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

V8 Supercars aren't 600hp...try 650hp now that they use 100RON fuel
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

wonder if one can be able to swap that motor
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Absolutely, but the older cars looked so much more like the road cars that you saw in dealers, rather than the pages of Max Power! Then Alfa showed up with wings and splitters and ruined it.
    Well, they got their just-deserts after Tarquini took off.

Extremely.
    They were back in the day, in the good-old-days of the mid 1990s, the BTCC was probably the premier touring car series attracting comparatively large numbers of top-flight international drivers and teams (Williams, anyone?).

Then, for some reason it slowly slipped in popularity, and is now rather rubbish IMHO.

Not helped by the piss-poor coverage on ITV, which takes the shine off any good racing (at least it isn't Allen)
    Thanks for all the fish

Well, what would BMW do...BMW X5 isn't powerful anymore So they have to put M5/M6 V10 Engine to that...I hope that they do so=D
    --BMW-- !!!Schumi, GREATEST F1 DRIVER EVER!!!

even NASCAR I'm getting the hang of.
    As a novelty act, I'm sure NASCAR is fascinating.
    I assure you, however, that the new rubs off that insipid sport, and any argument for oval-track racing leads to reasoning as circular as Talladega.

Unless of couse they're racing at a proper racetrack like at whatever those west-coasters are calling Laguna Seca these days or at Watkins Glenn. I try not to miss those races, since the big NASCARS do lots of sliding around into each other.

Those races are a world apart from circle track racing, and it seems clear, watching them, that many NASCAR drivers have never before made a right-hand turn at speed.

Rumor has it (and I heard this from a guy who drives a Dale Earnheart Edition Chevy Monte Carlo) that NASCAR ace Jeff "Beats Women Off the Cuffs of his Blue Jeans with one of his Countless Trophies" Gordon had a shot to be a test driver with a fast-track to becoming a Formula 1 racer with some team or another. ("Those little zoom-zoom cars," I believe he called them, "Like they race over there.")

Gordon turned the offer down, since he is already near the top of a racing series that's making him richer than Santa Claus, and I can't blame him for that. Pity though. He'd undoubtedly do better than our current American F1 driver, Old What's-His-Name.

The odd thing is how good some NASCAR drivers are.
    NASCAR drivers learn car control as well as anybody; they just learn it in cars that are set-up to turn left. Our more cultured NASCAR drivers who have learned how to turn a car to the right have had amazing success at the International Race of Champions. It's a shame they don't race more often at proper racing circuits.

I once had a chance to race at bush-league hillbilly dirt oval track events here in Arkansas, but turned it down since I have near-zero respect for the sport. I regret that decision on some warm nights when I'm good and drunk. It would have been lots of fun.
    Anyway, cheers.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 09-16-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information