Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The LF-A would probably be for GT1 too wouldn't it? And I don't see the point of them in GT1. So maybe it is an SC430 or another manufacturer.
    The LF-A could be done for GT2, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Besides Nissan, I think the only others that really jump out are a Mazda RX8 built by Speedsource (I doubt this one), and maybe Champion with an R8 GT2. (GT3 to GT2 conversion is possible, but it's not exactly wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Good intuition, I had completely forgotten about the IS350 GT2. LOL IIRC it was going to debut during the 06 season
    Yeah, it was announced at Sebring, pushed back to Houston, pushed back again, and then never heard of again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I'm not too good with French, but apparently Petter Solberg will be driving for Courage-Oreca
    ORECA : Un deuxième Champion du Monde sur la LC70E ! - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite
    2003 WRC Champion Petter Solberg will test the new Courage-Oreca LC70E AIM soon along with 2008 World Touring Car Champion Yvan Muller.

Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

Yvan Muller - Yvan va tester la Courage-Oreca

Matmut - Sponsoring - Sports automobiles - Team Oreca
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

If you'd like some actual tech shots to go with the purdy car shots, you'll find many of the Acura here:

SPEEDtv.com - Gallery

Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

That new rear wing attachment is very clever...puts the downforce load closer to the center line of the axle.

MPME, your shots are all over the web already.

Sweet! That's what they're here for! Lots more to come. Acura has been SO cool in being open with the car being seen undressed.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Sweet! That's what they're here for! Lots more to come. Acura has been SO cool in being open with the car being seen undressed.
    Cool, post more when you got them up as I haven't seen it from enough angles yet. It's quite a different looking car though eh?

Surprising Acura has been so open with the tech photos - I remember Peugeot trying to protect their engine bay in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    That new rear wing attachment is very clever...puts the downforce load closer to the center line of the axle.
    Not too sure on that, but I think structurally it might be a lighter design since you don't so much design for buckling any more, more just bending and tension....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Not too sure on that, but I think structurally it might be a lighter design since you don't so much design for buckling any more, more just bending and tension....
    It's also out of the way of rear collisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Cool, post more when you got them up as I haven't seen it from enough angles yet. It's quite a different looking car though eh?

Surprising Acura has been so open with the tech photos - I remember Peugeot trying to protect their engine bay in the past.
    Headed to the Acura 'launch' -- will post more later tonight.

Those are VERY deep dive planes, which suggests a lack of downforce at the front...

Interesting with the rear wing. It looks like it could do a quick change in a race, which would be rather useful.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 01-26-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Packaging of the car is very neat.....though like many cars now it seems servicing is not a priority....the ride dampers are completely hidden in the gearbox casing...

Would be interesting to see how the fronts are packaged....

The sidepods are crazy looking....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Those are VERY deep dive planes, which suggests a lack of downforce at the front...

Interesting with the rear wing. It looks like it could do a quick change in a race, which would be rather useful.

Or just a lot of downforce in general. Sebring has a quite a few fast corners....whats interesting also is that with the smaller rear wing you'd think they have to reduce front downforce to get the balance right....so that might suggest they didn't lose as much downforce as one would led to be believed....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Get some good pictures of the various cooling situations if you could

Thread Information