Thread: Top Gear suspended

Top Gear suspended

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I haven't watched Top Gear in years. I won't really miss them. I've switched over to Youtube for my car review fix. Petrolicious especially, but I do watch EVO and XCAR occasionally.

I used to watch DRIVE but I found them to be too much on talk and too little on content. It just ended up being Mike Spinelli talking for 30 minutes about obvious stuff. Then they started charging and that was the end of that. Funny enough, I used to not be able to watch Smoking Tire stuff, but Matt Farah actually isn't a bad reviewer.

Oh, and throw in Harry's Garage and Chris Harris too. Honestly, new cars aren't that interesting to me unless they're relatively cheap and attainable. I tend to gravitate towards reviews of older cars now.

Maybe I'm an old man now?
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 03-10-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Actually I was rather enjoying this series. There was a decent amount of car-related content and the cocking about parts were rather hilarious (the ambulances part being a highlight).

Even the Peugeot film was quite good.
    Visca Catalunya!

Top Gear has always been worth a few hours a year for new episodes for stupid laughs. If this is the final straw for Jeremy, what giant paycheck will he land next?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Top Gear has always been worth a few hours a year for new episodes for stupid laughs. If this is the final straw for Jeremy, what giant paycheck will he land next?
    Snickers ads.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I won't miss him. I've grown increasingly tired with his proclivity for stupidity. Watch enough episodes, and it's the same over and over again.

I will miss the cinematography, Hamster, and Slow.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    I won't miss him. I've grown increasingly tired with his proclivity for stupidity. Watch enough episodes, and it's the same over and over again.

I think about this a lot, and I've come to realize a majority of things that one likes in life is just the same crap over and over.

If you like it, sometimes that is enough for you to persist liking it; other times, it gets old. See: TV shows, cars, significant others, music, movies, etc etc. Often things do not change, but even still, we tire of them, and that is fine.

I have to say, I think Mr. May is a brilliant car journalist, but Hamster comes across to me as a Clarkson-wannabe without the charisma.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post

I remember when there was the America special and Clarkson showed up with a dead cow on top of his Camaro. I understand the show is scripted, and it was funny then. But a couple seasons on and all I feel like they do now is buy cheap cars and drive them across 3rd world countries for shits and giggles.

Or destroy some pristine version of an old car just to rile everyone up just for fun.

Not my cup of tea now, especially when Youtube has some great channels for my car fix now without going through the hassle of torrents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Actually I was rather enjoying this series. There was a decent amount of car-related content and the cocking about parts were rather hilarious (the ambulances part being a highlight).

Even the Peugeot film was quite good.
    My son and I watch it religiously. Once you have accepted it is purely entertainment with some tasty cars and dick jokes thrown in it is all good fun. I loved the ambulance one as well. This series has been a touch stupider and it hasn’t hurt my enjoyment one bit. I hope it does go on.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I remember when there was the America special and Clarkson showed up with a dead cow on top of his Camaro. I understand the show is scripted, and it was funny then. But a couple seasons on and all I feel like they do now is buy cheap cars and drive them across 3rd world countries for shits and giggles.

Or destroy some pristine version of an old car just to rile everyone up just for fun.

Not my cup of tea now, especially when Youtube has some great channels for my car fix now without going through the hassle of torrents.
    As I said I love it but I agree that the last road trip was a bit too much "more of the same". There have been some classics though.

In related news Mays take on things.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...39&pnref=story
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post

As I said I love it but I agree that the last road trip was a bit too much "more of the same". There have been some classics though.

In related news Mays take on things.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...39&pnref=story
    Well it's official, it's all over now.

I wonder how much friendship there really was amongst the three of them or if they were all probably doing it for the money.

More likely, I think Hamster and May might be quite angry at Clarkson as they both probably had lucrative contracts.

I wonder how much friendship there really was amongst the three of them or if they were all probably doing it for the money.

More likely, I think Hamster and May might be quite angry at Clarkson as they both probably had lucrative contracts.
    Well just the series, yes, but not the whole show? Series = season, in British English.

I would imagine it's much too big a brand to simply let go.
    Turning money into memories.

That’s annoying and stupid. Why not show them?

An interesting insight.

Top Gear And Jeremy Clarkson: Here's What I Saw When I Worked On The Show - Forbes
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    That’s annoying and stupid. Why not show them?
    Indeed. At least release the videos, no need for studio segments.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information