Thread: Internet Explorer -- Read This

Internet Explorer -- Read This

For all those who use Internet Explorer
    BBC NEWS | Technology | Serious security flaw found in IE

Users of the world's most common web browser have been advised to switch to a rival until a serious security flaw has been fixed.

The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.

Microsoft is investigating the problem and preparing an emergency software patch to resolve it, it says.
    May the downforce be with you

That's why I use Mozilla Firefox
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

So, much like the way Safari is able to be hacked by a professional in under two minutes & seize control of any computer using it?

Also, does the timing of this not strike you as utterly staged? hasn't Google's Chrome browser just come out of Beta & become ready for public consumption?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Also, does the timing of this not strike you as utterly staged? hasn't Google's Chrome browser just come out of Beta & become ready for public consumption?
    Yeah I'm suspicious. I use Opera though so I'm not very bothered. Plus I have keylogger protection and all kinds of internet explorer related nonsense with Trend Micro Pro.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

IE vulnerabilities get headline attention because of the market penetration.
    MFSA 2008-41: Privilege escalation via XPCnativeWrapper pollution hardly got a mention outside techies.

NO explorer can be considered "safe" and hope that feeling doesn't lead anyone to a massive infection
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I doubt the timing was staged, considering this is not exactly the first major issue found in Microsoft's web based technologies. Their web server stuff just had a warning recently I think that businesses should leave Microsoft's web server software until it is entirely re-written - it makes sense that similar things will also have problems.

Linux ftw.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

No NO NO, linux does NOT ftw. It just doesn't, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    No NO NO, linux does NOT ftw. It just doesn't, I'm sorry.
    Why not

Because it's so freaking obnoxious to use. But that's part of the charm, right?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I still fail to understand why not, considering it is harder to install an operating system on a computer than it is to use various versions of Linux, such as Ubuntu, which makes installing about a 20 minute process of which, as long as you know what number of gigs you will be using, already know everything you need. That is easier than the endless number of re-installs people have done with Microsoft

I am not sure why Linux still has such a strong reputation for being a geek's toy only - I use it all the time here at school and the only thing I have done anything I would not ordinarily do for Windows (including installing Ubuntu on my computer) is for my computer science class.

Also, closed source is basically dead, get ready for the open-source wave over the next few years.

EDIT:: Just realized my whole point could be rephrased very simply; if Linux is too much of a hassle in comparison to other operating systems, you are doing it wrong. No reason it should be so complicated.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 12-16-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    I still fail to understand why not, considering it is harder to install an operating system on a computer than it is to use various versions of Linux, such as Ubuntu, which makes installing about a 20 minute process of which, as long as you know what number of gigs you will be using, already know everything you need. That is easier than the endless number of re-installs people have done with Microsoft

I am not sure why Linux still has such a strong reputation for being a geek's toy only - I use it all the time here at school and the only thing I have done anything I would not ordinarily do for Windows (including installing Ubuntu on my computer) is for my computer science class.

Also, closed source is basically dead, get ready for the open-source wave over the next few years.

EDIT:: Just realized my whole point could be rephrased very simply; if Linux is too much of a hassle in comparison to other operating systems, you are doing it wrong. No reason it should be so complicated.
    I used Linux, specifically Ubuntu, for a few months. It was good and all, but I ended up going back to Windows due to having to use and install different file formats and being new to the whole linux kernel. I'm sure I'll go back at some point, but for now I'm set with Windows.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

That makes sense. I got used to having to deal with file formats when my dad got his Mac, so I know what you mean.

I won't say that Linux is for everyone (sort of like how some people just cannot deal with Windows use Mac, and vice versa), but it confuses me when people say that it is so difficult to use. *scratches head*

Just so no one thinks I am a computer-snob, I am currently running Vista (if reluctantly, XP was awesome....)

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Funny you would say that
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information