Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closest you have ever came to death?

Closest you have ever came to death?

Share your near-death experiences here

Ok it doesn't sound pleasant but I am just curious/bored.

The closest I THINK I have came to dying was probably when me and my family were in Jamaica sailing with a group of tourists a while back when I was about 6. Then a storm rolled in REALLY REALLY fast and the boat started shaking form side to side. It was raining like god's piss and windy like god's fart. Then there was this huge gust that basically threw water into ourboat and the sailor lost complete control of the boat. So we got our life jackets on and by this point I was already crapping my pants all the way to crapville. We all got into the water and watched the crew on the sinking ship trying to pump the water out without any chances of success. And now to rub it in, a jellyfish stun me in the back of the knee and now I could not control where I am floating and started yelling and panicking for help but because everyone else was doing it no one (again, not the UCP member dammit) knowticed me. So I started floating further and further from the group of people, about 60 meters away and yelling loud as hell for help.

The sailor saw me flailing in the water and swam over as fast as he could (this was pretty damn hard) and grabbed me. A rescue boat quickly came our way about 5 minutes after I rejoined the group. And about 10 minutes after that the skies were clear again.

YOUR TURN
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I got an infection and had to have penicillin .. im alergic to penicillin. I kept puking and puking until there was nothing else to puke .. then i started puking blood. I passed out and woke up 2 days later. Twas very strange experience.

I almost drowned when I was about 4 but I haven't really had any melodramatic near-death experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    I got an infection and had to have penicillin .. im alergic to penicillin. I kept puking and puking until there was nothing else to puke .. then i started puking blood. I passed out and woke up 2 days later. Twas very strange experience.
    Im alergic to penicillin too... weird.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

dont think i have ever been that close to death
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

i got knocked off my bike by a fiat punto (disgusted) traveling at 40 mph. My arm muscles went around the back off my arm and i broke my arm and my leg. I still have to have operations for skin grafts. In two weeks I have to have a 10 hour operation in which bone is taken form my hip and put into my leg. The doctors said That if I wasn't so upper built then I would have died. Why couldn't I have been hit by something good like a ferrari or a lamborgini?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

LOL!

Scary! i just got hit by a car today!

well... it wasnt a big crash or anything, but its funny that this thread comes up right now
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

lol. nothing actually ended up happening to me, but once in new york city, was crossing the road, and a full size dodge ram nearly hit me going 40. thank god i have quick reflexes! it ended up within 2 inches of my face.......
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

well my head hit the frame of the windscreen and wrote the car of as the couldnt repair it. lol, serves him right for being on the wrong side of the road
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Why couldn't I have been hit by something good like a ferrari or a lamborgini?
    cuz then it would have been going fast and youd be dead
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I've had a few, i almost drowned when i was 5, was shooting 22's at frozen wood and noticed the bullets were coming back at me afer one went through my hair, and then i had a serious sinus infection that almost went into my brain.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    cuz then it would have been going fast and youd be dead

But it would be a great way to go don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    But it would be a great way to go don't you think?
    not unless you were driving

i think my ultimate way to go is going 230mph down the mulsanne straight at le mans, after seeing porsche re-enter the race, and getting a factory ride
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

my closest brush with death, diabetic siezures, or when I was initially diagnosed....normal blood sugar is between 4 and 7 millimols/litre, I was at 56 or something....+ketoacidosis...which wasn't really life threatening, just really painful...imagine replacing all your blood with battery acid and that's kinda what it feels like
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

Thread Information