Thread: Dodge Challenger Targa

Dodge Challenger Targa

Dodge Challenger Targa

Auburn Hills, Mich., Oct 14, 2008 - The Dodge Challenger Targa is a full-blown competition car that raced and completed the infamous Targa Newfoundland race this year. “Samantha” started life as a Mopar Challenger drag race package car. Many features were borrowed from the Dodge Viper, but the most noticeable is the snakeskin green paint. To keep the front end down, a Mopar chin spoiler "Splats“ developed in a full scale wind tunnel, was added to the front of the car. Mopar gauges keep a close eye on the vital signs. The Mopar hood is equipped with a scoop to make room for the 540-horsepower, 490 lb. ft. of torque, 392 HEMI® V-8 Mopar crate motor. Mated to a Tremec six-speed manual gearbox, the engine blasts power to the rear wheels through a production 2009 modified gear ratio in the rear end. An abundance of fade resistant stopping power comes from Stop-Tech brakes. Up front, the six-piston calipers clamp 380-millimetre rotors, while in the rear, four-pot calipers work with 355-mm rotors. Developed by KW, the race suspension and brake upgrades came from a proven hero — the Dodge Viper ACR, which just broke the production car lap record at the world-renown Nurburgring in Germany. With only a few exceptions, the Dodge Challenger Targa was built using parts available through Mopar.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Dodge Challenger Targa #2
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I want to see this beast weave around Newfoundland.

At first, I thought it was gonna be a targa top and thought that'd be weird.

Its wonderfull car I love them. I love cars in green color. Thanks for post them.

Thread Information