Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: "What's this car?" Official Thread

That might be an AMG SEC. There was one at a Canberra Motor Show. If it is one, they were made when AMG was still independant, had a bored out I-6, like 3.6 IIRC, and suprisingly for an MB, a manual 5-spd
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    That might be an AMG SEC. There was one at a Canberra Motor Show. If it is one, they were made when AMG was still independant, had a bored out I-6, like 3.6 IIRC, and suprisingly for an MB, a manual 5-spd
    A black one? If so that would be John Green's (of M-B Spares) who imported then tried to sell it for ages. Ostensibly cheap for a rare car (approx $17k IIRC) but at the time was unregisterable here as l/h/d & uncompliable

The Black one is a Mercedes CE AMG
    As finishing touch god created the dutch.
    http://peter.terpnet.nl

Peugeot Nautilus

I know I'm a little too late into this, but it's just to specify that the Peugeot Nautilus is not a Peugeot work. It was a Pininfarina study, dedicated to Peugeot...as Mythos, to Ferrari, or Argento Vivo, to Honda...

I am curious of what these two cars are?

This said AMG on the side.

and this one said l6 or i6.
    " You may be a Ferrari owner but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari driver" Enzo Ferrari

" You may be a Ferrari owner but, you may not necessarly be a Ferrari driver" Enzo Ferrari

F340 Spyder is nice........not the best colour though........

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3 (W108/109)

In essence a meld of Mercedes' 6cyl W108 series but fitted with the big 6.3 litre M-100 V8 from M-B's large W100 models. In its day one of the world's fastest four-door sedans

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...rcedes+amg+6.3

http://www.motorsnippets.com/cars/me...00sel63rev.htm
    Seeing that all the cars in the pic seem to be AMG-tuned Benzes, coudn't the red saloon be the original AMG super saloon, the Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG?

If I'm not mistaken it was the first Mercedes ever tuned by AMG, and they raced it twice in the 24h of Spa, when they counted for the European Touring Car Championship, and it came second in '68 or '69 I think.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by italianspirit
    I believe that's an E24 BMW 6-Series. Couldn't tell you the exact model number though.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Seeing that all the cars in the pic seem to be AMG-tuned Benzes, coudn't the red saloon be the original AMG super saloon, the Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG?

If I'm not mistaken it was the first Mercedes ever tuned by AMG, and they raced it twice in the 24h of Spa, when they counted for the European Touring Car Championship, and it came second in '68 or '69 I think.
    Probably could be although it looks like any other 6.3 to me and naturally from that pic its impossible to discern the engine's internal capacity. Although the pictured car does feature a chromed horse shoe on the grille

With the proviso that being on the other side of the world far from these long-ago events and I'm happy to be enlightened ..

This is what became of the literally-original AMG-modified 300 SEL 6.8
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D...23/w109amg.htm

AMG started out as a tiny concern which concentrated on motorsport and I always assumed that they would have converted very few 6.3s into 6.8 road-cars from new, if any - but I have little info on which to base this. I think they built only one or two examples for racing

Do you or anyone else anyone know how many 6.3s were originally converted by AMG into 6.8s?

Btw Mercedes 6.3 itself was a great machine and most mentions still claim it was the world's fastest production-sedan model. But definately by 1969 it was no longer the quickest accelerating four-door, and from 1970 not possessing the fastest top speed either. For trivia a 6.3 was purchased by a noted racer with the intention of competing in the 1969 Bathurst 500 mile enduro (which would've been fantastic to see) but untimately it was alas not entered after being adjudged not capable of outright honours
    Last edited by nota; 05-01-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Anyone Know What This Car Is?

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?pa...=batch_listing

I saw this car on the road the other day. And, ironicly, when i was on exoticspotter.com yesterday, i saw the same type of car(not EXACT same car). Unfortunately, the person who took this picture doesn't know the name of this car either. Any Help?

I do not know what car this is. And welcome to UCP wowzer. Oh btw there is a dedicated thread for this exact question, so next you have a car you do not know just put it in there. I would be pretty interested also to know what kind of car it is because it looks pretty crazy/ very unfamiliar.

i saw this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/0cd0f04c.jpg at the start of the gumball rally in piccadilly yesterday... well, it was shortly before anything started, it was chasing a carrera GT in this photo...
    but i dont know what it is, and i'm sure i've seen it before on this site but i havent got a clue where to start looking. and lets face it there's quite a few categories to look in.. can anyone save me a load of time and work?
    cheers.
    also yesterday was incredible, particularly the lambo with the 'i heart you' numberplate... i wonder where his catalyser went? in fact i wonder if he had any exhaust plumbing at all...

I think that is a Stealth B6...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

it seems italian, modified ferrari? or alfa?? or some small company with cars based on the begger companies designs and/or mechanics. that or someone decided to turn an italian race car into a road car (doing the absolute minimum work!)
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information