Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What wrecked your day today?

What wrecked your day today?

Is there something, somebody or an experience which makes your blood boil?

Today I'm totally mad about the building authority of the town "Essen".
    In this City it is easier to bear children than to get a building permission.
    This office bursts at the seams from lazy bastards which are sitting on their duffs the whole day. Whatever you do, you never can satisfy them. Argh, that bugs me. Public authorities are killing the economy in this town.

And to cap it all I got a ticket from a ugly policeman this morning (too fast )
    "Shields up! Rrrrred alert!"
    http://nerys.has-no-homepage.net/

My day was ruined by waking up thinking:
    "f**k, i gotta learn exams all day and i cannot do anything fun until they are finished in 3 weeks "

I know how you feel... Maybe if you just go ahead and build it they'll be too busy sitting on their duffs to stop you.

It's estate agents that really drive me up the wall. I've been trying to get them to fix the gaping hole in the back wall of my garage for the last 6 months...

They have a slightly differant excuse every time. They usually blame it on the builders.
    All I want for christmas is a V8 Vantage...

^^ same but the teachers go way over board and can the simplify stuff even more i really just wana screw hes going over stuff weve done minumum 3 times already grrrrrrr is there a point right now in skool i could do this at home.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Nerys
    Is there something, somebody or an experience which makes your blood boil?
    - Slow cars on the fast lane;
    - Slow paying clients;
    - Escalade on petrol prices;
    - The stupid smile of our prime-minister;
    - Envy;
    - Gangs of street kids;
    - Insurance companies;
    - The woman yelling like crazy on Jay Leno's show band.

That's it for the moment.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Mate agreed this morning that I need to strip the bike engine.
    Looks like worn piston rings -- I'd hoped he'd come along and identify something simpler/cheaper

"Hiding" here for 30 mins after lucnh before facing the task ..........

Ah well ANOTHER engine to strip and rebuild ...... or no trip tp south of france this summer If I drive it liek we did last year then I suspect I'll need new rings come the end again !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It will all be solved with some more cowbell.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

idiots who run red lights in school zones.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Guest Guest
    Girl Trouble! no, wait, that wrecked my day...

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Dial-up!

I came home from college for the summer on Friday. It's nice to be home, but my parents still have a dial-up connection, and only one phone line. I can't stay on too long because when I'm online, no one can call on the phone. At UVA I had an ethernet connection. My dad says he's thinking about getting DSL, but given his track record, it probably won't happen until it's time for me to go back to school.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

I'm not sur I'm able to say what 'makes my blood boil' because it might be considered as racist. (There is no smilies to express what I feel).

I almost got run over by a Jaguar S-type today I walked through a red light, just like all the other students in Eindhoven. The trafficlights are 3/4 of the time red for all the directions, very frustrating. I just walked over knowing I could easily make it. But suddenly the S-type got green and accelerated very quickly, so the guy behind the wheel probably had a wrecked day. I had to walk a bit faster though
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Yep, it was a bad day for me today. I visited a customer this morning and I got attacked by 2 of his dogs when I got out of my car. The result? White face, and destroyed pants.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As finishing touch god created the dutch.
    http://peter.terpnet.nl

Heading down my driveway through the paddock, and watching a sick sheep as it struggled to keep up with the flock. This old girl was really struggling - you could tell that every step was really painful for her. It got me thinking what a cruel and lonely old world it can be, particularly for animals who do it a lot tougher than we do. I even thought about stopping the car right then and there, hopping out and giving her a cuddle - poor little sheepie

Then I thought .. one sheep down .. another seven thousand to go

Just to put this thread in persepective, the person who had been my best friend since we were in 7th grade (almost 40 years ago) died from cancer late Monday night. He was your typical red-haired, freckled-all-over type and wouldn't use sunscreen and got melanoma as a result.

Not looking for sympathy, but sometimes the stuff that seems so important or so irritating pales to insignificance when you look at the big picture.

Thread Information