Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    So those are the Norwegians in those insane outfits? Pretty original I must say.
    Thats not the Norwegian Curling team no, that's the founders and designers of the pants (i think). They where at the game last night, with these matching jackets as well. Poor thing we didn't win the curling, though Canada was clearly the better team last night.

Price is really overrated, i don't watch the Canadiens much but when my Flyers played him in the Eastern Conference Semis a couple yrs ago, they lit him up. Has he fixed his glove problem yet?

wow USAUSAUSAUSAUSA!
    24.4 seconds
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Just have to say im watching the US Canada game right now and it just went to OT, but i have to say all this talk about curling earlier and no mention of the hottest chick of them all GB's Eve Muirhead... i did have to look up her name as im not a curling fan (didn't even know it was a sport) but WOW shes nice to look at.. BTW GO USA

Well Canada did get the gold but that was a very good game Grats to CaNaDa!!

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidneyyyyyyyyyyyy CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidneyyyyyyyyyyyy CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    NnNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sigh. So close to crushing the hopes and dreams of an entire nation. Still a heck of a game and better than anyone expected from our young team at the start of the games. Congrats to canada. I believe that gives you the gold you needed to break the record for the winter olympics, too.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I jumped around waving my arms in the air like crazy for a good 5 minutes.

Congrats USA for the good opposition.

And yes that 14th gold medal is a record, and also the most gold medals won by any nation at the 2010 Olympics as well.

Overall a great success for Canada.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Hope springs eternal from glitches on the Olympics website:
    usafakegold.jpg
    Good job Canada, good job America!

I jumped around waving my arms in the air like crazy for a good 5 minutes.

Congrats USA for the good opposition.

And yes that 14th gold medal is a record, and also the most gold medals won by any nation at the 2010 Olympics as well.

Overall a great success for Canada.
    Haha. I did that after we scored with 24 seconds left to tie it. Think I hurt my shoulder celebrating, actually.

So does this mean that Own the Podium was a success afterall? Given your size I'd have to say it was a good showing for you all. Record number of golds and third in the over all count.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Haha. I did that after we scored with 24 seconds left to tie it. Think I hurt my shoulder celebrating, actually.

So does this mean that Own the Podium was a success afterall? Given your size I'd have to say it was a good showing for you all. Record number of golds and third in the over all count.
    I'm not among those who think only gold medals matter, but it's certainly interesting to see who has most golds and who has most medals overall.

I mentioned the 14 gold medals because one of the big things before the Olympics was the fact Canada had never won one on home soil despite hosting two editions of the games (Montréal 1976 in summer and Calgary 1988 in winter), so winning 14 in certainly a great achievement, and the fact 14 is the most golds any country has won certainly adds to the feeling of 'mission accomplished'.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'm not among those who think only gold medals matter, but it's certainly interesting to see who has most golds and who has most medals overall.

I mentioned the 14 gold medals because one of the big things before the Olympics was the fact Canada had never won one on home soil despite hosting two editions of the games (Montréal 1976 in summer and Calgary 1988 in winter), so winning 14 in certainly a great achievement, and the fact 14 is the most golds any country has won certainly adds to the feeling of 'mission accomplished'.
    I was kind of hoping that you guys would get 0 golds but eleventy billion silvers and bronzes just to keep the streak alive.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I was kind of hoping that you guys would get 0 golds but eleventy billion silvers and bronzes just to keep the streak alive.
    As far as I can remember Canadians are the champions of finishing events in 4th and 5th place, in both summer and winter Olympic games.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

EPIC WIN....lots of jumping around here as well lol.....Sid the kid finally made a difference, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information