Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster 2012-2014

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster 2012-2014

Aston Martin is lifting the lid on an extreme new sports car with the global debut of the V12 Vantage Roadster.

The new sports car, available as a limited edition in selected markets worldwide, immediately becomes the most potent example of the open-top Vantage range and mixes the breath-taking power of Aston Martin’s naturally aspirated 6.0-litre V12 engine with the established thrills of Vantage Roadster driving for what is an unforgettable sports car experience.

The V12 Vantage Roadster’s 6.0-litre engine, mated as in the Coupe to a six-speed manual gearbox, generates 517 PS at 6,500 rpm and a muscular 570 Nm of torque at 5,750 rpm. It has been intelligently packaged into the Vantage Roadster’s compact form to fully exploit the sports-orientated model’s ample natural agility.

The naturally-aspirated V12 provides high levels of power and torque yet it delivers a flexible, refined driving experience illuminated with the potential for truly electrifying performance. The 0-62 mph sprint is dispatched in just 4.5 seconds* while this most potent Aston Martin Roadster is capable of 190 mph*.

While the Roadster naturally shares much of the technical and specification features of the V12 Vantage Coupe, some elements are redesigned to take account of the Roadster’s neat packaging and engaging dynamics.

The V12 Vantage Roadster features a redesigned rear boot lid and lower front air intake to maintain a level of dynamic performance that’s fully in keeping with the V12 Coupe, while there are also a number of unique chassis revisions. These include a modified rear damper set-up, front and rear damper valve tuning and a new rear spring design.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #2

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #3

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Roadster #4

It's unmistakeable a very beautiful auto-mobile or you could call it a sculpture.
    Nevertheless I don't think Ill ever get bored by it. Even in standard trim its gorges.
    But all those different variations, why? AM could also tell there customers, you could choose between the Vantage and DB9 as Coupe or Volante/Roadster, and choose your own engine I6 V8 V12 and whatever options you could think of.

That's customizing to the max.

That red top is hideous

I bet no one was expecting that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    But all those different variations, why? AM could also tell there customers, you could choose between the Vantage and DB9 as Coupe or Volante/Roadster, and choose your own engine I6 V8 V12 and whatever options you could think of.

That's customizing to the max.
    I kinda like that idea.. pick a body (Vantage, Virage or Vanquish), coupe/convertible, engine, colours.. maybe some foofaraw (vents, shpoilers, etc).. etc.. could work, and we could all be less cynical about 'just another AM' every few months.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Is it just me, or are all the black bits red? Seems like the hood vents, blade on the side vents, and piece in the middle of each of the rear lights are actually a dark shade of red.
    Strange.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    pick a body (Vantage, Virage or Vanquish)
    Hahaha.

Oh wait... you aren't joking?

I thought they were all the same body.

Probably.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    Is it just me, or are all the black bits red? Seems like the hood vents, blade on the side vents, and piece in the middle of each of the rear lights are actually a dark shade of red.
    Strange.
    Yes they are all a kind of red. But maybe that's already some kind of personalizing thing. I doubt they sell any of the shelf cars.

Duell, in Europe, the UK and Australia most cars are ordered by the customer in the colours they desire. In Asia, the Middle East and North America they generally wont wait and will take what the dealer has in stock.

I have no knowledge of African or Central/South American buying habits
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Duell, in Europe, the UK and Australia most cars are ordered by the customer in the colours they desire. In Asia, the Middle East and North America they generally wont wait and will take what the dealer has in stock.

I have no knowledge of African or Central/South American buying habits
    I think this is a step more then just ordering a colour. This even has red carbon vents and red bodytrim between the lights. And the inside of the wheels are red as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I think this is a step more then just ordering a colour. This even has red carbon vents and red bodytrim between the lights. And the inside of the wheels are red as well.
    When ordering the colour on an AM it is not just body colour you pick, it is main and secondary leather colours, stitching colours, headlining colour, etc. I'm sure this is just an extension, or display of what is already available, perhaps pushing it a bit further than before, or reflecting some things some people have already ordered.

They have some experience in helping people pick, but the colour choices are (like RR, Bentley and others) truly only limited by cost and taste.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    They have some experience in helping people pick, but the colour choices are (like RR, Bentley and others) truly only limited by cost and taste.
    Taste is definitely not a limiting factor.

Having taste is indeed a limiting factor. If you had some you wouldn't drive around in a car with red carbonfibre accents.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information