Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza WRC Concept 2008

Subaru Impreza WRC Concept 2008

SUBARU’S NEW MODEL BLITZ FOR FRANKFURT

Subaru has chosen September’s 62nd Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) for the biggest new model blitz in its history.

Key attractions include the European debut for the completely new Impreza, a striking World Rally Car Concept, facelifted Tribeca luxury SUV, totally new Justy supermini and the world’s first horizontally-opposed ‘boxer’ turbo-diesel engine – due to be progressively installed in various models from spring 2008.

Subaru WRC driver, Petter Solberg, will speak at the Subaru press conference (Tuesday, September 11, Hall 8 at 2 pm) when the new Impreza-based WRC Concept will be unveiled.

Described as an indication of future styling trends for a world rally car, the WRC Concept is sure to draw the crowds – and conjure up speculation among enthusiasts and the press alike.

Also presenting at the press conference is Mr Matsatsugu Nagato, Fuji Heavy Industries’ Executive Vice President in charge of European markets.

He will unveil the completely new Impreza five-door hatchback in its 1.5 and 2.0 litre naturally-aspirated formats – aimed at appealing to a wider audience while still retaining Subaru’s distinctive ‘boxer’ engines and symmetrical all-wheel drive. Both technologies offer outstanding handling and roadholding with ‘real world’ active safety.

On-sale late September in the UK, the new Impreza boasts substantially increased passenger space thanks to a new platform with new multi-link, double-wishbone rear suspension which gives agile handling combined with an exceptionally absorbent ride.

Other exhibits include a facelifted Tribeca with new front and rear styling plus a larger – but more efficient – 3.6 litre ‘boxer’ engine mated to a more responsive five-speed automatic gearbox. Other improvements include easier access to the optional third row of seats in the seven-seat versions.

A surprise appearance at the show is a completely new Justy 1.0 litre five-door supermini offering superb fuel economy coupled with low exhaust emissions. The front-wheel drive Justy will be supplied to Subaru for sale in Europe by Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.

Also guaranteed to generate intense interest is a display Subaru Boxer Turbo Diesel engine which will be fitted progressively to various models from spring 2008.

The world’s first horizontally-opposed diesel engine promises outstanding refinement, smoothness and low weight for excellent handling. In addition, fuel economy, performance and emissions will all be class-challenging.

Also underlying Subaru’s commitment to developing environmentally-friendly technologies is an example of its R1e electric city car – already in use in Japan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow i like it, although it looks a bit on the chubby side. Any specs yet?
    May the downforce be with you

Thank god theres no chrome bar across the back, hopefully the STi will follow suit...

The idea of an Impreza Hatchback makes me raise my eyebrows. Takes some getting used to I guess.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Well on my list of the best impreza models, this one beatz out the bug eye and the latest model, but i still think the 22b or the 2005 looked the best. I can get used to the hatch too

i think the hatch was a nono, and i dont have much for this particular design for the car so seeing it as a WRC doesnt appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by orshow View Post
    Wow i like it, although it looks a bit on the chubby side. Any specs yet?
    2-litre turbo with around 300bhp, 4 wheel drive and a 6 speed gearbox.

I personally couldn't care less about it. But the unveilment of the European road going Impreza in Frnakfurt could be interesting.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Why does it look so much like the Suzuki SX4? Come on Subaru, you can make something better looking than that. Hollywood will be driving the worst looking car in WRC The front looks fine, but the rear is a no-no.

I have to admit that it looks a whole lot better than what I thought it would. This WRC model is nice and aggressive, but the vanilla Impreza is still not the nicest looking car that I have ever seen. As for the SX4... well i like the SX4 personally.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

It won't be on BF Goodrich tyres unfortunately Why did the FIA require a single tyre supplier for WRC? The teams are already all on BF Goodrich.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    The idea of an Impreza Hatchback makes me raise my eyebrows. Takes some getting used to I guess.
    Really? I love hatchbacks!

I thought a majority of Europeans love hatchbacks too (hence why I would love to live there).
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post

I thought a majority of Europeans love hatchbacks too (hence why I would love to live there).
    We do. The best selling cars are hatchbacks.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

bye bye impreza, it was nice knowing you..

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    bye bye impreza, it was nice knowing you..
    That talk has 7 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    I thought a majority of Europeans love hatchbacks too (hence why I would love to live there).We do. The best selling cars are hatchbacks.
    They might be popular in Europe, but a Impreza WRC should be a sedan.
    Just because it has always been a sedan.

I think the nose isn't that bad, but apart from the nose this car somehow looks completely wrong to me. Can't really explain it.
    I still hope that Subaru will tell us that this is just a joke, and they come up with a nice and aggressive new Impreza sedan. I hope

Thread Information