Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL: London

NFL: London

The New York Giants played the Miami Dolphins at Wembley Stadium today in the NFL's first ever regular season international game. Sloppy game with all of the rain coming down but a close result in the end.

I was wondering if anyone overseas watched the game and perhaps even liked it?

The chaps in the stadium seemed to like it...

My dad was telling me this is real football, the way it was before they started using synthetic fields.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

I wasn't even aware it was happening, otherwise i would have tried to catch it. Yeah its been raining here all day.
    I hope you guys didn't mess up our nice pitch! lol
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

I didn't watch the game. I considered watching it out of curiosity, but it turned out it clashed with the Liverpool - Arsenal football/soccer match. There was only gonna be one winner as to which sporting event was gonna get my attention.

Do you NFL fans like the idea of playing regular season games in foreign countries?

Personally, if it were my local team that I support and attend the matches, if they decided to play a major regular season game several thousand miles away on a different continent I would be furious! Pre-season friendly matches are one thing, but to play a proper game away from your real fans in a foreign country just reeks of the organisers wanting to squeeze yet more money out of the game, at the expense of the regular fan. Not good IMHO.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I didn't watch the game. I considered watching it out of curiosity, but it turned out it clashed with the Liverpool - Arsenal football/soccer match. There was only gonna be one winner as to which sporting event was gonna get my attention.

Do you NFL fans like the idea of playing regular season games in foreign countries?

Personally, if it were my local team that I support and attend the matches, if they decided to play a major regular season game several thousand miles away on a different continent I would be furious! Pre-season friendly matches are one thing, but to play a proper game away from your real fans in a foreign country just reeks of the organisers wanting to squeeze yet more money out of the game, at the expense of the regular fan. Not good IMHO.

It's easy for you to say that about close games, you live in a country that you can use string and cup to talk to anyone on the other side of the country.

Australia and US are much bigger, so traveling huge distances is par for the norm.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I was in class, who won???...

New York Giants

Lets Go Giants!!!!!
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Not interested in the slightest.

NFL is the slowest moving, most dull witted, unfit sport to bear the name "football"

A brief description of every game ever
    Hikes ball, ball gets passed, tackled, 2M gain. fart around for 20 mins, line up and do it again... talk about no flow in a game...
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post

NFL is the slowest moving, most dull witted, unfit sport to bear the name "football"

Hikes ball, ball gets passed, tackled, 2M gain. fart around for 20 mins, line up and do it again... talk about no flow in a game...
    watch a no hudle offense inside the 2 minute warning and you'll take back your statement!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I liked it, Brandon Jacobs delivered for my fantasy team

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post

The play clock is 40 seconds between each play.. I never see football as slow although some drives can lag a bit in pace if a team is running the ball well. College football is usually more interesting and fast paced though.

Cunts, Miami is my team and theyve gone to shit this season. Why they traded Wes Welker, Jr. Seau, etc. Pisses me off...

I knew about the game in London, but watched PSV - Sparta instead. Also because the only channel which broadcasted the NFL was German (and German commentary is da suck).
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information