Thread: 335i thoughts

335i thoughts

ok im not a bmw person. i like the M5 alot but i would never get one(if i could afford it) mainly because of the gas mileage and weight. The new 335i is my new dream car. From the different reviews I have read so far, it seems to have the right mix of efficiency, fun, and usability. If I won one car in the world scott-free this would be it. i would like to know your thoughts on this car

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc.../bmw_335i.html

Good choice. Can't wait to see this new car at the new dealership next year.

A review here said if you had to choose between the sedan and the coupe, go with the coupe. It's worth it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

This is a twin turbo I-6 right? Forgive me, I still don't have the facts right. I think it's great. It's better than a V-8 (fuel consumption wise) and yet it produces the same power as a V-8. BMW enthusiasts might balk at a non N/A BMW, but I think it's great that the gap between an M3 and a regular (if there can ever be a regular BMW) 3 series is closer. Now if they produces an M version of the 4 door...

i feel BMW waits too long to release new models. they do it sooo slow. from sedan to coupe to convertible to M car. and i also feel the turbo's are not nessesary, that engine should hit out 300 horsepower easy. and i hope the coupe isn't as ugly as the pics. the sedan isn't half bad, the rear could use smoothining out
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

yea its the twin turbo one also has direct-injection. direct-injection is one of the best improvment i have seen in cars today. i would love to see this engine make it into a 4-door. maybe some tuning nut will do the swap. and from what i have read it has no lag at all, most couldnt tell it was a turbo.

I think it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Now if they produces an M version of the 4 door...
    they are
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

This car sounds pretty good from the factory, quoting full torque by 1400rpm and it's good torque too.
    BMW say 300 feet and 300bhp, but a dyno test on an early release shows that it makes this at the wheels:
    http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...i_dynamometer/
    These guys reckon 350hp and 360 feet before drivetrain losses.

Personally, I cannot wait until the tuners get ahold of it, Someone like DMS auto are pretty good at getting the best from factory hardware (550bhp from the new M5). I'd love to know what it's capable of.

As for BMW enthusiasts not liking FI, HAH! we've gotta keep those Audis at bay somehow.

Unfortunately the 2008 335i is still heavy compared to other BMW cars. If you want a BMW that is lighter, faster, and cheaper than 335i, go for 135i.

Here's a review and comparison tests for 2008 135i vs. 2008 335i vs. 2002 m3.

2002 BMW M3 vs. 2008 BMW 135i vs. 2008 BMW 335i Comparison Test
    Last edited by hollowscar; 12-27-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to link to review.

My buddy has a 335 Coupe. White with red interior... absolutely badass. Fast, smooth, sporty, and luxurious.

Got a friend here with one that she let me drive. It was pretty nice and shows why they wanted the turbos over the revs to get the power, it's much more sedate and quiet. Some people want that in their luxury cars.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

The 335i is probably one of the best (if not the best) BMWs currently on sale.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information