Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Geneva International Motorshow report and slideshow

2010 Geneva International Motorshow report and slideshow

Tomorrow morning the 80th annual Geneva Motor Show will open its doors to the public for the first time. The eager crowd will definitely not be disappointed with the displays provided by the mainstream and speciality manufacturers. After a rather sedate edition in 2009, the exhibitors have once again pulled out all stops to impress the gathered world media and potential consumers. Looking at this year's Geneva show it is hard to imagine that the industry is still far from healthy. Lavish concept cars and cutting-edge eco-friendly vehicles vie for the most attention. If there is only one thing to take away from the 2010 show it is that supercar manufacturers like Porsche and Ferrari are no longer immune for the hybrid trend. Particularly Porsche's 918 Spyder Concept showed that green can also very, very cool. There were many more reasons why this year's edition stands as one of the most exciting of recent years. Bertone, for example, made a grand return after a two-year absence with a spectacular show car that combines classic Alfa Romeo shapes with organic elements. In addition to the exotic one-off machinery, many interesting production cars also saw the first light of day in Geneva. Alfa Romeo's Giulietta and Volvo's S60 were among the most prominent. Green was once again the main theme and we feel Lotus showed the way forward with the Evora 414E Concept, which uses electric motors and a purpose built petrol engine as a generator.
    Our photographers were on the floor for the better of two days to capture everything of interest in great detail. All the material

Enjoy the links

2010 Geneva International Motorshow report and slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

kudos for going straight from the RC-Z to the CR-Z.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Amazing shots, especially the Pagani Tricolore
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    Amazing shots, especially the Pagani Tricolore
    especially all those models!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Were you even interested in the cars on the Alfa stand or just pretending to?

Great shots.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

The Alfa Romeo Pandion Bertone Coupe? HOLY CRAP! That thing is amazing!
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Now I know that my views on car design aren't quite in line with most's but, ****ing seriously, this shows defines, with few exceptions, "hell in a handbasket."
    Hell, Kitdy and I are in rare agreement about this.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Now I know that my views on car design aren't quite in line with most's but, ****ing seriously, this shows defines, with few exceptions, "hell in a handbasket."
    Yes, this show is basically a total disaster. Car design and cars as a whole I feel are going downhill.

I don't want any hybrid Porsches or Ferraris. I don't want sill concepts with ridiculous rims and goofy looks.

Is it just me? Do you people see where things are going?

Hawt chicks!!! oh, and nice cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I saw a lot of things that I like: The Bertone Alfa concept is AMAZING, the Pinninfarina Alfa Spyder concept is great, the Peugeot sports car concept is great, the Porsche 918 Spider (minus the wheels) is very cool.

Sure there was some crappy designs and the idea of a line green metallic Ferrari makes me want to puke, but over all from a design perspective I like what I see.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I like Pininfarina's Spider too, and I.DE.A's sports saloon. And forgetting about the hybrid nonsense Porsche's 918 looks good too.

And as fas as engineering is concerned Fiat's twin and Nissan's superchaged triplet are very interesting to me.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Porsche did a half page ad in today's WSJ (B8). Featured the GT3 R Hybrid and the Cayenne S Hybrid in the ad.

Ferrari says within three years they will have a hybrid version of each car they make....which contradicts an earlier article which said they aren't going to make the hybrid 599.

Maybe they meant that particular system on the green 599....or maybe they don't have a real plan at all and are just playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Ferrari says within three years they will have a hybrid version of each car they make....which contradicts an earlier article which said they aren't going to make the hybrid 599.

Maybe they meant that particular system on the green 599....or maybe they don't have a real plan at all and are just playing the game.
    Not that I don't believe you, but where did you hear about them having a hybrid option on each car in 3 years? I'd like to read the article myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, but where did you hear about them having a hybrid option on each car in 3 years? I'd like to read the article myself.
    Ferrari to add hybrid version of every model within three years

Thread Information