Thread: Audi Le mans Quattro concept

Audi Le mans Quattro concept

Audi has unveiled a new concept:Le Mans Quattro which according to them sprints from 0 to 100 kmh in just 3.7 secs Powered with a V10 twin-Turbo Charged engine with 5.0 litres of displacement that produces 601 bhp at 6800 rpm.

One of its interesting features is the TFT screen at its instrument panel which is changeable: The driver may switch from the classic digital speedometer & clock to a much more interesting track mode in which the central section displays the suspension settings of your vehicle while the outer part displays a GPS built plan of the circuit containing information like the next bend & your lap time.In addition,you may use the MMI mode to observe the engine's operating condition.
    The acceleration figure of this car is just brilliant & puts it in head to head fight with italian bulls & horses.The only drawback is its electronically limited 155 mph top speed which is not familiar with super cars like it but Audi says the car is capable of hitting 215 mph(in theory).
    The exterior is distinguished on the front with big air inlets similar to those of the Novulari concept giving the vehicle a touch of aggressive spirit especially with the double exhaust pipe placed in the middle of the rear end.

The interior is best described using an image:

http://www.highresautoimages.com/audi/lemans16.jpg

For more high resolution pics of the Lemans Quattro
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 06-03-2005 at 06:43 PM.

Yeah I just saw it in my Motor Trend. Looks absolutely awesome, interior and exterior. And I forget what it said exactly but I think Motor Trend said it was maybe gonna compete with the Porsche Turbo. And if it does, and has the performance that Audi claims, damn! That's like supercar porformance for 120 grand! And I have a question, why do some cars have electronicly limited top speed's?
    IVI-Niveus

Originally posted by Porsche959
    Yeah I just saw it in my Motor Trend. Looks absolutely awesome, interior and exterior. And I forget what it said exactly but I think Motor Trend said it was maybe gonna compete with the Porsche Turbo. And if it does, and has the performance that Audi claims, damn! That's like supercar porformance for 120 grand! And I have a question, why do some cars have electronicly limited top speed's?
    Because of national laws... I donīt know exactly what laws, but they exist...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

er, nice car. ughlee tho. too much space crap

not laws only. if a company insists not to limit a speed (like porsche) it doesnt have to. its just that the wind's backpressure is so immense at 250 that when you go up. you need a great chassis to hold it nicely on the road. almost every car becomes unstable above that speed. this means that when mercedes & BMW quit limiting the top speeds there be more of them found total loss. bad for tha name.

Originally posted by uk83
    er, nice car. ughlee tho. too much space crap

not laws only. if a company insists not to limit a speed (like porsche) it doesnt have to. its just that the wind's backpressure is so immense at 250 that when you go up. you need a great chassis to hold it nicely on the road. almost every car becomes unstable above that speed. this means that when mercedes & BMW quit limiting the top speeds there be more of them found total loss. bad for tha name.
    Mercedes,B.M.W. & Audi limit their cars' speed cus of the tyres not the chassis....but u can take that limiter off for 'bout 200Euros....if u remember the test at Nardo where the SL 55 AMG went to 325Km/h....that was a stock model with the limiter removed & highspeed tyres....
    "Fate?Fate's just an illusion which takes the fear away.You trust fate?I trust no one.I'm not paranoid.I'm just independent.I spin the other way.I have no notion of time.I'm myself's whore.I know nothing but my needs,my ego,my thoughts,my cares,my loves,my hates,my world.Who am I?...I'm you."

This is one hell of a car! Audi has made a very smart decision to use their LeMans-experience on this streetracer! The steering wheel looks fantastic and the intererior is fabulous! On the outside it looks as agressive as it engine's power decerves. If I'd had enough money ( and a driver's license ) I'd definietly buy this car. HALELUJAH!

Originally posted by Fluppe
    This is one hell of a car! Audi has made a very smart decision to use their LeMans-experience on this streetracer! The steering wheel looks fantastic and the intererior is fabulous! On the outside it looks as agressive as it engine's power decerves. If I'd had enough money ( and a driver's license ) I'd definietly buy this car. HALELUJAH!
    Man,its a concept car
    maybe,it will go to the production program, (maybe)

The Back (Engine) of that car reminds me of.... hum... whats the name again??? oh ya - 16-4 VEYRON

WHOOT WHOOT

What is the point of having all that horsepower if your going to hit a speed limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by kinan.f
    Audi has unveiled a new concept:Le Mans Quattro which according to them sprints from 0 to 100 kmh in just 3.7 secs Powered with a V10 twin-Turbo Charged engine with 5.0 litres of displacement that produces 601 bhp at 6800 rpm.

One of its interesting features is the TFT screen at its instrument panel which is changeable: The driver may switch from the classic digital speedometer & clock to a much more interesting track mode in which the central section displays the suspension settings of your vehicle while the outer part displays a GPS built plan of the circuit containing information like the next bend & your lap time.In addition,you may use the MMI mode to observe the engine's operating condition.
    The acceleration figure of this car is just brilliant & puts it in head to head fight with italian bulls & horses.The only drawback is its electronically limited 155 mph top speed which is not familiar with super cars like it but Audi says the car is capable of hitting 215 mph(in theory).
    The exterior is distinguished on the front with big air inlets similar to those of the Novulari concept giving the vehicle a touch of aggressive spirit especially with the double exhaust pipe placed in the middle of the rear end.

The interior is best described using an image:

http://www.highresautoimages.com/audi/lemans16.jpg

For more high resolution pics of the Lemans Quattro
    oh man!! thanks for the site bro...
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 06-03-2005 at 06:44 PM. Reason: removed interior pic
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by 250 GTO
    What is the point of having all that horsepower if your going to hit a speed limiter.
    1. Stop reviving old threads.

2. You can remove the limiter to utilise all the car's potential

3. The limiter is there so that cops can catch up to and stop runaway cars, and for safety purposes. If you ask me, the limiter should be at the national speed limit. Of which, in this country is 80mph.
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

I just wanted to say that german cars being limited to 155mph (250km/h) was a gentlemen's agreement between the main German manufacturers. It was first applied on the BMW 750i in 1987. Since then there have been some official exceptions, like the Audi RS2 Avant limited to 263km/h (163mph) and more recently the Audi RS6 Plus Avant limited to 280km/h (174mph). Of course as has been said some German manufacturers haven't respected this like Porsche, but some manufacturers putside Germany have also limited their big powerful cars to 250km/h (155mph), like Jaguars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information