Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari California at Christchurch

Ferrari California at Christchurch

November 28, 2009

The opening of the Ferrari Service at Euromarque and the launch of the California in Christchurch, New Zealand

My first impression of the California was that it wasn't as pretty as the Aston or as the '57 250 California, but how wrong was I. On Saturday when I was at the official launch, I was shocked and impressed at the unbelievable beauty of the California. Before Saturday I wasn't a huge fan of the looks, now I love it.

The interior is a thing of great beauty as well. The cream in the Azzuro California car was one of the best interiors I had ever seen. And it smelt great too. If richness and expensive had a scent, it would smell like the interior of the California. The rear seats, as expected, were tiny. I don't see how a child seat would fit in the back. But nonetheless, the interior looks, feels and smell great.

I was unable to take it for a test drive but I was able to hear other people test drive it and I have to say the California sounds biblical. Doesn't have the crackle of the F430, the California is a lower and more restrained which suits it's character. But it was just as epic. Loud too.

The actual event was first class. Champagne, about a dozen or so perspective buyers (most arrived in Maseratis with some in Mercedes-AMGs, Porsche 911s and Cayennes and the odd 550 Maranello) and a lot of the admiring public. Euromarque (Christchurch dealership) brought in 1 Ferrari F430, 2 GranTurismos, 1 GT S Automatic and 1 Quattroporte S for the even while Continental Car Serives brought in the 2 Californias and 1 extra F430.

The pictures of the California don't do it justice. It really is a gorgeous car and I think I may love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vulgar, Ghastly and Ostentatious

more pics...

last 1

gorgeous.

i didn't know it had a back seat. can you send some pictures of the back seat?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    gorgeous.

i didn't know it had a back seat. can you send some pictures of the back seat?
    Sorry man, I actually didn't get a pic of the rear seats, but I think one is visible behind the left front seat. But yeah, the California has rear seats with seatbelts and a tag for child seats as well. Gorgeous looking thing. Truly epic. I wish these pics could do it justice.

Is the second one dark grey or black? Either way it's a great looking car, especially the front.

The back seats are pretty much useless; maybe you can fit a babyseat or one girl sideways. About the size of the DB9.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

2000kg of Ferrari, does it look like it in the metal?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Christchurch is pretty much the furthest away you can get from the Home of Ferrari, so I find this most amusing.

the California? it's ugly with the roof down. no doubt.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Christchurch is pretty much the furthest away you can get from the Home of Ferrari, so I find this most amusing.

I found it even worse in person than in pictures.

The problem isn't that it is ugly, the problem is that it looks exaclty like it belongs at Hollywood. And that's bad.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lightbulb Evocative

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem isn't that it is ugly, the problem is that it looks exaclty like it belongs at Hollywood. And that's bad.
    duh?

Perhaps that is why it is called "California"?
    Last edited by Kiwieb; 12-02-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: grammar & layout

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwieb View Post
    duh?

Perhaps that is why it is called "California"?
    Uh no, the original California was a TdF without a roof. Then there was the 365 California, but it's better to ignore it a bit.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

thats interesting, i think the california is the best looking ferrari out there right now!

i think the 458 italia is ugly, and I think the front engined ones are just okay looking but to me the california is just gorgeous.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I found it even worse in person than in pictures.
    I think it looks better in the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    thats interesting, i think the california is the best looking ferrari out there right now!

i think the 458 italia is ugly, and I think the front engined ones are just okay looking but to me the california is just gorgeous.
    I think this has the best front of any current car. Best ass goes to the 599GTB; one of the best Ferraris from the rear in the company's history.

I think my dream car would be a California with a canvas soft top and a rear like the 599.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Is the second one dark grey or black? Either way it's a great looking car, especially the front.

The back seats are pretty much useless; maybe you can fit a babyseat or one girl sideways. About the size of the DB9.
    Pretty sure the second one is black.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    2000kg of Ferrari, does it look like it in the metal?
    And yeah it does show it's weight a bit in the metal. But a lot better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

Haha agreed, I reckon that's why it took so long to get the California here. The boat must've got lost or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I think it looks better in the metal.

I think this has the best front of any current car. Best ass goes to the 599GTB; one of the best Ferraris from the rear in the company's history.

I think my dream car would be a California with a canvas soft top and a rear like the 599.
    Agreed.

But trust me, hand on heart the California does look stunning in the metal.

Thread Information