Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin Cygnet 2011-2013

Aston Martin Cygnet 2011-2013

The Innovative Commuter Concept Car; ‘Cygnet’ by Aston Martin
    Gaydon, Monday 29 June 2009. Aston Martin has developed a new luxury commuter concept; the ‘Cygnet’ which will offer customers a distinctive, intelligent and exclusive solution for urban travel in style and luxury.

The concept will offer Aston Martin trademark design in a commuter car package based on the critically acclaimed Toyota iQ with a Euro NCAP 5-star safety package.

The ‘Cygnet’ concept represents a creative, environmentally conscious solution, being small, yet with presence – and highly fuel efficient, now combined with the prestige of Aston Martin’s luxury brand ownership.

Aston Martin, the world leader in exclusive niche engineering is collaborating on this concept with Toyota the world leader in volume, quality and reliability. Although vastly different in size, Toyota and Aston Martin share the philosophy of engineering excellence and innovation underlined by a strong passion for cars.

Aston Martin Chief Executive, Dr Ulrich Bez said: “Now is the right time for Aston Martin to take this first bold step to embark on this special project - made possible with the support of an organisation of Toyota’s stature and capability and the intelligent design and perfect city car package of the iQ.”

“Much work is still required, but I am confident that this project could become reality in the not too distant future. This concept - akin to an exclusive tender to a luxury yacht - will allow us to apply Aston Martin design language, craftsmanship and brand values to a completely new segment of the market.”

“The offering of a ‘Cygnet’ with a DBS, DB9 or Vantage is a unique combination of opposites and a novel transport solution allowing intelligent and sensitive mobility on an exclusive and innovative level.”
    I wouldn't mind that as my first car... not the best looking but still.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I so don't want one.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is this a joke?
    UP THE BORO!!!!

FFS Aston.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Nope. It's on the press site

ATM this is just an even uglier iQ.
    But I'm interested to see what will be the final result, it seems quite heading for production any time soon.
    Just remove the rear seats, add a bigger/more powerful engine, develop a kart setup, and make it a small yet fast GT in mini hatch shape.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    ATM this is just an even uglier iQ.
    But I'm interested to see what will be the final result, it seems quite heading for production any time soon.
    Just remove the rear seats, add a bigger/more powerful engine, develop a kart setup, and make it a small yet fast GT in mini hatch shape.
    I doubt this will much more than a posh iQ that looks a bit like an Aston and with a price tag to match (they say around £20,000).

With this and the Lagonda Aston really seems on a bit of a roll lately...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I doubt this will much more than a posh iQ that looks a bit like an Aston and with a price tag to match (they say around £20,000).

With this and the Lagonda Aston really seems on a bit of a roll lately...
    I don't think it will a sort of Am branded Mini. But it is so, kill it with fire.
    I'm still hoping the actual Lagonda will be something more...tasteful than the concept as they declared, even if this raise the question "so why did you do that monstrosity in first place?!"

I suppose it is a good thing to have a car more people can afford. Money earned from this can probably be used to develop better and faster supercars

But it is really ugly from this angle... and the Lagonda SUV thing... why does it even exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I suppose it is a good thing to have a car more people can afford. Money earned from this can probably be used to develop better and faster supercars

But it is really ugly from this angle... and the Lagonda SUV thing... why does it even exist...
    I hate that argument.
    So everything could be saved if with its profits I say I'll develop something better. Screw that.
    The end not always justifies the mean.
    AM isn't short on money or success atm, so this isn't necessary from this point of view.

Nonetheless I like the idea of a small super luxurious and sporty commuter for when you feel your DBS is a bit too uncomfortable in historical downtowns, or for being parked among other cars with the fear of a fender-bender party.
    At this stage, everything has to be proved and by now, we don't know much apart from its ugliness. It isn't even funky enough from this angle.
    I'd stick with the DBS.

interesting since no supercar manufacturer has done anything like this but i think its hideous.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

I hate that argument.
    So everything could be saved if with its profits I say I'll develop something better. Screw that.
    The end not always justifies the mean.
    AM isn't short on money or success atm, so this isn't necessary from this point of view.
    Definitely agreed.
    Nonetheless I like the idea of a small super luxurious and sporty commuter for when you feel your DBS is a bit too uncomfortable in historical downtowns, or for being parked among other cars with the fear of a fender-bender party.
    At this stage, everything has to be proved and by now, we don't know much apart from its ugliness. It isn't even funky enough from this angle.
    I'd stick with the DBS.
    There a much better options than an overpriced iQ-based contraption. Including a proper iQ.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There a much better options than an overpriced iQ-based contraption. Including a proper iQ.
    Sure, an original 500 or Mini could be as much practical and glamorous.
    Or just a Smart, an iQ, whatever.
    They just lack of an AM level of luxury, but there already are several offers from coachbuilders based on the same Smart, 500 and Mini, so it seems there really is a market.
    This is just an official product, and not a coachbuilt one.

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    Surely not, please Aston be joking, as if your brand image wasn't cheapened enough...
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

The idea makes sense. but they´re:

a) already about 10 years late with the premium, super small automobile.
    b)failing if they brand this an Aston Martin
    c)so super failing if they style this as an Aston Martin

I lol´ed when I saw the pic.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Thread Information