Thread: Skoda Fabia RS 2000

Skoda Fabia RS 2000

Skoda Fabia RS 2000 - GTI-Treffen's Concept Car

ŠKODA at GTI-Treffen in Wörthersee

› 30th annual cult meet

› Fabia RS 2000 design concept created especially for the jubilee meeting

› Fabia Monte Carlo, Fabia RS and rally Fabia Super 2000 underscore the brand presentation

Mladá Boleslav, 2. June 2010 – This year’s GTI-Treffen in Reifnitz, by Lake Wörthersee, is set to attract tuning fans from all over Europe for the thirtieth time at the beginning of June, and ŠKODA will once again be in the thick of the action, showcasing the Fabia RS 2000 design concept prepared especially for this anniversary meeting, the rally Fabia Super 2000, the sporty Fabia RS and the all-action Fabia Monte Carlo. Besides the latest innovations in its sports models, ŠKODA will be offering a packed programme of entertainment.

“These days, the GTI-Treffen is rightly hailed by fans of powerful engines and sporty customization as the Mecca of car tuning,” says ŠKODA boss Winfried Vahland. “Anyone who comes to the event once never wants to miss another year of this fascinating get-together. The jubilee year of 2011 is a welcome opportunity for us to show off our sports models and make sure that everyone knows that ŠKODA really has something to offer here.”

The Fabia RS 2000 concept car has been developed and built specifically for the GTI-Treffen. Drawing on the successful Fabia Super 2000 rally car, ŠKODA’s designers have created an original roadster pursuing a single goal: dynamism and the joy of sporty driving. Based on the ŠKODA Motorsport’s broad rally car, the Fabia RS 2000 offers plenty of room for four occupants to climb in and sit in the car with ease. Besides the great view, the sharply sloping windscreen provides a constant supply of fresh air and a sense of being at one with nature.

Motorsports fans can look forward to the Fabia Super 2000, which was unbeatable last season as it dominated the IRC world championship series (Intercontinental Rally Challenge). At Wörthersee, ŠKODA is presenting the race-winning car driven by the Austrian Raimund Baumschlager as he won his tenth Austrian rally championship. Baumschlager will be making a personal appearance at the ŠKODA stand on 2 June.

Besides exhibiting cars, the ŠKODA stand, covering an area of ​​600 m2, will host a plethora of events for visitors. Motorsport fans will have the chance to take part in a rally simulation, experience a free fall, and race remote-controlled models.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (898.8 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.jpg (808.9 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (912.5 KB, 15 views)

Pic 1. Nice girls ehh... car.

Where's Ferrer? haha i really like it

The designer had spinach for lunch and when he went to have a crap, this came out... there's my opinion.

"... the sharply sloping windscreen provides a constant supply of fresh air and a sense of being at one with nature."

'Cause one feels most at one with nature when 8,000rpm is under the right foot.
    The PR copy is awful, but the idea of a 4-seat speedster isn't... I kinda wanna like it.
    But if it's floppy as a chop-top of what they started with would be expected, no thanks.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Where's Ferrer? haha i really like it
    It is undoubtedly the best concept car ever made, but it will always play second best to the original.

Also it is far too green.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^^ Very nice, I knew you would still prefer the Fabia 1.6 because that's the best car in the would isn't it?
    Last edited by csl177; 06-03-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    ^^^ Very nice, i new you would still prefer the Fabia 1.6 because that's the best car in the would isn't it?
    What exactly is your first language?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

^^^ English, i was born in england and i still live in england.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    What exactly is your first language?
    I understand the Welsh have pretty thick accents, correct?

Thread Information