Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW 3-Series (E90) Sedan 2005-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    They have nicked Audi's new deep "chin" grille motif, with the extended cut through the front bumper: - not only can they not come up with a good design, they have to resort to uglifying the work of others.
    That's exactly the comment I made to my brother when I first saw this pictures posted. We agree that it is definitely Audi. And Audi's lines are allready starting to bore me, even in a Audi.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

The first decent pics of the car, great work once again...

oh-no i smell a 1 series evolution i like the old one better
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

A definite step backwards but not as blandular (bland and glandular) as other new BMWs. Might actually look good in person. Too complex with too many facets and angles. New designs may be bad for BMW but good for the enthusiast, as not everyone with $40K to spend on a sportsedan with be drawn to one. Little more exclusivity?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I like the way new Bimmers look.
    But like the styling or not, they will be awesome to drive!

well i think it looks good

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    I dont think the car looks ugly at all... it looks pretty good actually

Here's a link to better pics (without the side banner thingy)

EDIT: Link removed
    Last edited by Matt; 10-27-2004 at 06:06 AM.
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Here's proof of BMW plagerism:

Slight alteration of the top of the headlights, change the upper grille from the two "kidneys" to a single opening, "chrome" grille surround, tiny tweak to the lower grilles and bingo = A6
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    I dont think the car looks ugly at all... it looks pretty good actually

Here's a link to better pics (without the side banner thingy)
    ]
    If you don't like the side banner, just crop it out and you still have a picture that is more than twice as big as the pictures you linked to.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    It's the prettiest of the new BMWs. But, I still don't like it nearly as much as the E46. In passing, you could easily mistake this for many other cars. Even just looking at the thumbnails in this thread I can see Jaguar X-Type and even a bit of Hyundai. I don't like it. BMW is losing its identity. They've always had cars that, while not revolutionary in design, looked like nothing else on the road. And now, they don't seem so different.

yes but the problem was there was little to differentiate the core models of the group, they being the 3 series, 5 series and 7 series... the previous generations of these vehicles were just the same thing, chopped down to fit the class it was meant to target, cut a metre out of a 7 series and lower the interior quality and WHAMMO you have a 3 series...

now in saying this i do understand where you are coming from, sometimes even i struggle to understand this latest design language "fad", but it does work in a left field sense the styling differentiates the different models now a whole heap more... i am not saying it is for the better, but models don't look so similar anymore...

personally i dig the 6 series, the top line 7 series, and certain variants of the 5 series (a very colour specific car), also like the Z4... BUT i despise the new 1 series it is just too fugly...

oh and Matt, you really need to sort out your CMYK settings on the pictures, that is why they all have that greenish hue... the pics need to be opened in paint or something like that to remove the green hue when you first download and unzip them...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    oh and Matt, you really need to sort out your CMYK settings on the pictures, that is why they all have that greenish hue... the pics need to be opened in paint or something like that to remove the green hue when you first download and unzip them...
    I don't need to sort it out. ****ing ACDSee does. Maybe a newer version does a better job. It's so time consuming to open each individual zip file and then open each individual jpeg file in paint to "fix" them. BMW needs to offer RGB versions of their pics like every other company and then ACDSee needs to fix their ****ing color management system.

OK, I'm stepping off the rant box.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Slight alteration of the top of the headlights, change the upper grille from the two "kidneys" to a single opening, "chrome" grille surround, tiny tweak to the lower grilles and bingo = A6
    You should enter a chop comp, thats impressive.

i have been thinking the exact same thing...

A bit more but isn't impressive . I prefer E46 than this . Design is poor n non new . Would u compare this n MB C-class , What's your conclusion ?????

DISAPPOINTED !!

Thread Information