Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Section

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    To properly manage and ensure "quality" wioudl take time adn maybe it coudl only be made availabel to supporting members as the additional income could fund the effort it takes to vet and catalog as you'd like it.
    Why can't UCP elect a 'Video-Mod' to take care of stuff like that?
    There are probably 1 or 2 who are volunteering. Mustang already is.

Check out most of the "best" video sites and you find LOTS of old vids popping up again. So even the best dont' get it "right"
    Those links are already dead anyway so its good to new members
    But only the really old ones. If members brings up the Golf GTi Ad I think its going to be mighty annoying

it is also a major issue chasing up copyright and handling legal requests to remove videos etc etc.
    True. But if we find a video of which permission is given to DL (and nothing is written about distributing - as is with most sites!!!) can't we give it on here?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Why can't UCP elect a 'Video-Mod' to take care of stuff like that?
    There are probably 1 or 2 who are volunteering. Mustang already is.
    Probably becuase he hasn't thought it through yet
    Those links are already dead anyway so its good to new members
    But only the really old ones. If members brings up the Golf GTi Ad I think its going to be mighty annoying
    Where are you proposing to store these videos ?
    We covered this before, more space needs more disk, needs more backup involves more costs to Wouter.
    True. But if we find a video of which permission is given to DL (and nothing is written about distributing - as is with most sites!!!) can't we give it on here?
    erm DL IS distributing
    If you look at the "legal" video sites, you'll see they have LOTS of caveats and e-mails for copyright owners to contact them etc etc. IF you repeatedly are shown to flount copyright you become a target for legal action.
    Other sites only post videos submitted by memebers who agree to having NO copyright calls on the material. Most clubs work that scheme, but the quality of video is VERY variable !!
    So if it's a member here posting a video they've taken, we already have the support for that negotiated for free for everyone last year
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Wouter and the team are hard pressed to do photographic coverage of events never mind decent vid too
    Out of the question.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Out of the question.

ah from the "diagnose a Mini over the North Sea" time

Thankfully I know buggar-all about MR2s and get some peace
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

ah from the "diagnose a Mini over the North Sea" time

Thankfully I know buggar-all about MR2s and get some peace

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Where are you proposing to store these videos ?
    We covered this before, more space needs more disk, needs more backup involves more costs to Wouter.
    I just mean the videos we ALREADY have. Obviously copying every vid would double the amount of storage space needed. What I mean is videos should be transferred to the Video-Subforum and titled properly.

erm DL IS distributing
    If you look at the "legal" video sites, you'll see they have LOTS of caveats and e-mails for copyright owners to contact them etc etc. IF you repeatedly are shown to flount copyright you become a target for legal action.
    Other sites only post videos submitted by memebers who agree to having NO copyright calls on the material. Most clubs work that scheme, but the quality of video is VERY variable !!
    But usually, when you DL a vid, store in it your computer and then after a while post it on here, it doesn't seem like anybody notices. All I'm saying is since we've already got so many vids from various members and sometimes links they found, why not continue?

NOT trying to say "Go to Porsche's official site, rip the vids off the site and post them here". Just do what we're already doing, with a Video-Sub, thats all

Thread Information