Thread: Final Geneva Motor Show preview and Nissan GT-R and Force India racing cars ...

Final Geneva Motor Show preview and Nissan GT-R and Force India racing cars ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

With less than two days to go before the Geneva Motor Show opens its doors, we take one final look at the upcoming releases. Ferrari's stand will feature two new versions of the stylish 599 GTB. The first is the 'Handling GT Evoluzione' (HGTE), which sports a special handling package. Even more interesting will be the FXX inspired 599XX but unfortunately no pictures of this car have been released just yet. Equally exciting, be it at a slightly more modest scale, will be the Fiat Abarth Grand Punto SuperSport. With a turbo-charged 180 bhp engine and a retro paint scheme it is set to make the enthusiasts' hearts beat faster. Using another Fiat Abarth as a base, Frank Rinderknecht created the Rinspeed E2. Exceptionally conventional for his standards, the E2 uses a 160 bhp engine that can be tamed to 60 bhp for frugal drives through the city.
    Design houses always take center stage in Geneva and this year is certainly no exception. Italy's Zagato will take the wraps off the Perana Z-One. Using South African built underpinnings, the two-seater sports car may very well enter production later this year. That will not be very likely with the I.DE.A ERA Roadster. The concept car marks the I.DE.A Institute's return to Geneva after an absence of ten years.
    In addition to the Motor Show news, we want to highlight two new racing cars ready to hit the track this season. The most interesting is no doubt the Nissan GT-R FIA GT. As the name suggests, it is destined for the FIA GT championship. Built to the new for 2010 GT1 regulations, it will be already raced in 2009 by Gigawave Motorsport in four rounds. Although no front-runner in the past Formula 1 season, the extensive rule changes may give the Force India team renewed momentum. Over the weekend they shook down and tested the VJM02, which uses a McLaren/Mercedes sourced drivetrain.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Audi TT RS Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE - Images, Specifications and Information

Fiat Abarth Grande Punto SuperSport - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Force India VJM02 Mercedes - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 I.DE.A ERA Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Nissan GT-R FIA GT - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Perana Z-One - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Rinspeed E2 - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Fantastic update, as usual.

Is the picture of the 599 chopped/ a render?
    Will Torro Rosso release their car mid season again.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I thought Force India was going to use a McLaren chassis too.
    the I.DE.A Era looks much better in the flesh, it's like a Z4 taken to the last level, a pure roadster.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the I.DE.A Era looks much better in the flesh, it's like a Z4 taken to the last level, a pure roadster.
    Me wants it with the 3.2 litre M-fettled straight six.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

When did Nissan last have a factory-backed motorsports effort in Europe?
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

I'm gonna bite myself in the tongue for saying this, but I would definitely rock one of those Audi TTs!

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    When did Nissan last have a factory-backed motorsports effort in Europe?
    Probably the works Primeras in several national Touring Car Chapionships.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information