Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda RX-8 2003-2012

Great Great Great Car!!!
    Jsut Love It

Mazda RX-8 Shinka Edition

MAZDA SHOWS OFF RX-8 "SHINKA" SPECIAL EDITION IN CHICAGO

– Limited Production RX-8 Combines Enhanced Luxury with Rotary Power –

CHICAGO – Coinciding with the opening of the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, Mazda today announced its RX-8 "SHINKA" Special Edition is now available at local Mazda dealers. The Mazda RX-8 "SHINKA" Special Edition takes its name from the Japanese word meaning "evolution" or "transformation," and adds design style and performance to the highly successful sportscar. Only 2,150 "SHINKA" Special Edition cars will be produced.

"We’ve taken the RX-8 – a car already lauded by customers and media alike – to a new level of sophistication and exclusivity with the ‘SHINKA’ Special Edition," said Weldon Munsey, RX-8 vehicle line manager for Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). "Improved ride and handling capabilities, along with interior and exterior refinements, make the ‘SHINKA’ Special Edition the ultimate RX-8."

The Mazda RX-8 "SHINKA" will be available with either a six-speed manual or four-speed Sport A/T automatic transmission, featuring Formula One-style steering-wheel-mounted paddles for manual gear shifting. Manual transmission-equipped cars are fitted with a 238-horsepower engine that spins to a heady 9000 rpm, while Sport A/T-equipped cars are powered by a 198-horsepower engine tuned specifically to take advantage of the automatic’s gear ratios.

To further enhance driving performance and ride comfort, the RX-8 "SHINKA" features a uniquely tuned suspension system, upgraded from the standard car. The system offers a foam urethane filled front suspension cross member and specially tuned dampers, while achieving improved body rigidity through reinforcing the top-front portion of the A-pillars and improving the stability of the rear damper mounting points.

The distinctiveness of the RX-8 "SHINKA" extends to both the exterior and interior appointments of the vehicle. The car is offered only in a rich Black Cherry body color offset by a soft Parchment Tan leather interior. Among the exclusive exterior enhancements are semi-gloss bezels for the headlamps and rear combination lamps, as well as dark-silver gloss aluminum wheels. Also standard on the RX-8 "SHINKA" is a 300-watt Bose® sound system with in-dash six-disc CD changer. While many Mazda vehicles are pre-wired for SIRIUS® satellite radio, "SHINKA" models will be the first to be equipped as standard, as all cars will include a one-year subscription to SIRIUS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

damn, this just makes me want one even more!

The only thing i don't quite like about it is the cluttered looking instrument panel. And is that stereo head unit part of the dash? It would be near impossibe to swap to aftermarket if it is...

why would u want to man? looks veriiiiii noice from where im sitting

all i can say is WOW

"We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

The RX8 was a little to cheaply put together for me, but this.... wow... i lvoe it.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    The RX8 was a little to cheaply put together for me, but this.... wow... i lvoe it.
    I don't think so... from what i've seen (and felt in real life) its very well put together.

Pictures dont do the car justice thats for sure, it looks HEAPS lower and wider on the roads
    I am the Stig

Now thats a car and its true, pictures dont do the RX-8 justice! Thnx Matt!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

shinka's gorgeous

I just bought mine. I added the rear spoiler, the front air dam, and the side aeroflares. It's just gorgeous. The color's great...one of a kind. Kinda black when it's cloudy, but when the sun is out it's a deep cranberry color. I've never seen a color like it. It's my first standard in 10 years, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by shereesme
    I just bought mine. I added the rear spoiler, the front air dam, and the side aeroflares. It's just gorgeous. The color's great...one of a kind. Kinda black when it's cloudy, but when the sun is out it's a deep cranberry color. I've never seen a color like it. It's my first standard in 10 years, but I love it.

You just bought a normal RX8, or the shinka edition?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I bought the Shinka

Quote Originally Posted by shereesme
    I bought the Shinka
    egg-nog test please. Take a piece of paper, write your UCP name on it, and stick it through the gear-shift knob. Then take a picture of the interior w/ the piece of paper through the knob along with a couple of exterior/interior shots proving its your car. UCP code-of-honour thing.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i really like it. Love the RX8, mazda did a great job with the sucide doors. on this model and the regular RX8. they kinda go good with the car
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Mazda Rx-8 #12
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information